A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

What are we each entitled to in our divorce settlement?

What does the law say about how to split the house, how to share pensions and other assets, and how much maintenance is payable.

What steps can we take to reach a fair agreement?

The four basic steps to reaching an agreement on divorce finances are: disclosure, getting advice, negotiating and implementing a Consent Order.

What is a Consent Order and why do we need one?

A Consent Order is a legally binding document that finalises a divorcing couple's agreement on property, pensions and other assets.

Do you need help sorting out a fair financial settlement?

Our consultant service offers expert advice and support to help you reach agreement on a fair financial settlement quickly, and for less than a quarter of the cost of using a traditional high street solicitor.

Children in University

  • Casar123
  • Casar123's Avatar Posted by
  • New Member
  • New Member
27 Jun 12 #339590 by Casar123
Topic started by Casar123
My hustand and I seperated two years ago due to him cheating on me (and he had been for the 17 years of our 25yr marraige - totally unknown to me) he is now moving into a new house with his new partner. My son (who is just 20 and at University residing away from home) and I still live in the matromonial home, but this has been sold and we are due to move out shortly, and I do not have anywhere to go yet due to the to the uncertainly with the asset split. My son lives with me when not at university, and is on average at home more. My ex to be and I have been to mediation, I asked 10% (40/60 split), he has offered me 2.5%, and that I pay half of the court costs (he admitted adultery). Our son has a part time job and this together with the accomodation loan for university does not cover the costs of his food etc. I help my son out financially and also support him when he is at home, my husband refused to provide any support, saying he is not longer his financial responsibility. He has also said that he has to support his new partner and her son, yet his own father pays maintenance. My ex to be earns about 10k more than me, however half of this is in overtime, which he has said no overtime is available. He has a disability and has a mobility car. The additional 2.5% does not even cover the costs of looking after my son, the moving costs and I also have to find my solicitors fees. I''m also due to take a pay cut of 3% next year too. I''m alittle confused with my next steps. Any advice would be much appreciated.

Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11

The modern, convenient and affordable way to divorce.

No-Fault Divorce £179

We provide the UK's lowest cost no-fault divorce service, managed by a well respected firm of solicitors. 

Online Mediation £250

Online mediation is a convenient and inexpensive way to agree on a fair financial settlement.

Consent Order £259

This legally binding agreement defines how assets (e.g. properties and pensions) are to be divided.

Court Support £250

Support for people who have to go to court to get a fair divorce financial settlement without a solicitor.