A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

What are we each entitled to in our divorce settlement?

What does the law say about how to split the house, how to share pensions and other assets, and how much maintenance is payable.

What steps can we take to reach a fair agreement?

The four basic steps to reaching an agreement on divorce finances are: disclosure, getting advice, negotiating and implementing a Consent Order.

What is a Consent Order and why do we need one?

A Consent Order is a legally binding document that finalises a divorcing couple's agreement on property, pensions and other assets.

Do you need help sorting out a fair financial settlement?

Our consultant service offers expert advice and support to help you reach agreement on a fair financial settlement quickly, and for less than a quarter of the cost of using a traditional high street solicitor.


  • MrsMathsisfun
  • MrsMathsisfun's Avatar
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
06 Jul 12 #341596 by MrsMathsisfun
Reply from MrsMathsisfun
He is obviously not in a hurry to get things sorted and so is waiting for you to apply to court.

Really dont think a Consent Order which gives you £168k, (even with your deed of trust) and him £1.3k would get by a judge even if you both agreed. It would be deemed unfair.

You would need to prove that he has already received a larger share of the assets.

Dont think you would necessary be expected to sell up but your ex might get a charge against the property.

  • blonde cazza
  • blonde cazza's Avatar Posted by
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
06 Jul 12 #341597 by blonde cazza
Reply from blonde cazza
Yes my solicitor said that i may be expexted to give him a share when our youngest is 18.
Do you need a Clean Break on finances all along his solicitor has said this money could come back to me but now states if i take him to court he would come after it.
He has indicated he hasnt got the money to go to court so i dont know if the threat is because of that but i sure dont like this feeling.He was quick enough to put in for divorce.

  • Reddit
  • Reddit's Avatar
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
06 Jul 12 #341610 by Reddit
Reply from Reddit
Cazza, you are worried about him coming back in the future to claim more. Unless you get a court order by consent or through Ancillary Relief he could. Apply for ancillary relief now and finish it. Don''t be concerned about his claims that he can''t afford to go to court.

  • hawaythelads
  • hawaythelads's Avatar
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
07 Jul 12 #341651 by hawaythelads
Reply from hawaythelads
Quite frankly you are like the dog with the bone looking in the lake.
You need to realise when you are well off.
You took virtually all the equity out the marital home even if it was in a deed of trust.
Get a clean break consent order drawn up by solicitors whether you''ve seen his form E or not.
Because in the past the extra you are hoping to gain ain''t worth risking what you''ve already got.A roof over your head all bought and paid for.

All the best

  • blonde cazza
  • blonde cazza's Avatar Posted by
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
07 Jul 12 #341767 by blonde cazza
Reply from blonde cazza
Thats what i want to do as at he moment there is nothing signed by him and having aroof over my sons head is more important.Im not after money from him as i cant trust him at all xx

Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11

The modern, convenient and affordable way to divorce.

No-Fault Divorce £179

We provide the UK's lowest cost no-fault divorce service, managed by a well respected firm of solicitors. 

Online Mediation £250

Online mediation is a convenient and inexpensive way to agree on a fair financial settlement.

Consent Order £259

This legally binding agreement defines how assets (e.g. properties and pensions) are to be divided.

Court Support £250

Support for people who have to go to court to get a fair divorce financial settlement without a solicitor.