A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

What are we each entitled to in our divorce settlement?

What does the law say about how to split the house, how to share pensions and other assets, and how much maintenance is payable.

What steps can we take to reach a fair agreement?

The four basic steps to reaching an agreement on divorce finances are: disclosure, getting advice, negotiating and implementing a Consent Order.

What is a Consent Order and why do we need one?

A Consent Order is a legally binding document that finalises a divorcing couple's agreement on property, pensions and other assets.

Do you need help sorting out a fair financial settlement?

Our consultant service offers expert advice and support to help you reach agreement on a fair financial settlement quickly, and for less than a quarter of the cost of using a traditional high street solicitor.

AT last

  • Stingrayj
  • Stingrayj's Avatar Posted by
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
15 Jul 12 #343292 by Stingrayj
Topic started by Stingrayj
Finally, after nearly two years I have my entitlement to a Decree Nisi...it''s happening 31st July. I might save the Absolute to coincide with 24th Wedding Anniversary or even ''forget'' to apply for longer so he can''t legally marry his third world country woman.
Anyway, final Hearing coming up in just over 5 weeks and my solicitor has asked me to think about an open offer.
Finally received a form E of sorts from sbtx, lots of missing bank accounts, half a years statements for his local account, some bullsh*t about losing 95K deposit on the love nest he bought for him and her, claims date of separation July 2008 but actually he came home as a fully functioning husband in Nov 2008 and July 2009 and I even got a Happy 21st Anniversary greeting Nov 2009....so I don''t get where he conjured that date up. He would probably still be pretending to be a faithful husband now had I not discovered his other life!
Solicitor is suggesting I ask for both jointly owned properties, 50% pension share and some contribution to my legal fees for a Clean Break.

Age H 54 W 54

Married Nov 1988

Children 16 yr in full time education and the one he has over there

2 Joint owned possibly 150 equity in both but with dire straits in Spain, one probably not.

Income H 7K month tax free W Minimum wage 15 hrs week temp contract til Sep. Can''t claim CB or anything til daughter returns to live in UK

Pensions H claims none, but then he also spent the last 13/14 years of marriage shacked up with a local
Mine was cashed in for daughters and myself to survive on for 15 months.

Debt 20K all conveniently in my name but marital

He has been a high earner for the last 15 years

  • Action
  • Action's Avatar
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
15 Jul 12 #343318 by Action
Reply from Action
HI Stingray

I can''t advise on the split but just wanted to say that I am glad that things are at last moving forward for you. I wish you all the best in getting a fair settlement, and do please keep me posted in what happens.


  • Stingrayj
  • Stingrayj's Avatar Posted by
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
16 Jul 12 #343341 by Stingrayj
Reply from Stingrayj
Thanks Action...I will.
I really don''t know what a fair split is but I know in my head what I want to just get this ***** over and carry on with the rest of my life....but that doesn''t include his woman lording it about in either of our family homes. So we will look forward to the Fh in 5 weeks and 3 days, unless the pins in the voodoo doll have any effect.

Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11

The modern, convenient and affordable way to divorce.

No-Fault Divorce £179

We provide the UK's lowest cost no-fault divorce service, managed by a well respected firm of solicitors. 

Online Mediation £250

Online mediation is a convenient and inexpensive way to agree on a fair financial settlement.

Consent Orders from £359

This legally binding agreement defines how assets (e.g. properties and pensions) are to be divided.

Court Support £250

Support for people who have to go to court to get a fair divorce financial settlement without a solicitor.