A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

What are we each entitled to in our divorce settlement?

What does the law say about how to split the house, how to share pensions and other assets, and how much maintenance is payable.

What steps can we take to reach a fair agreement?

The four basic steps to reaching an agreement on divorce finances are: disclosure, getting advice, negotiating and implementing a Consent Order.

What is a Consent Order and why do we need one?

A Consent Order is a legally binding document that finalises a divorcing couple's agreement on property, pensions and other assets.

Do you need help sorting out a fair financial settlement?

Our consultant service offers expert advice and support to help you reach agreement on a fair financial settlement quickly, and for less than a quarter of the cost of using a traditional high street solicitor.

consent order question

  • sorrel
  • sorrel's Avatar Posted by
  • Junior Member
  • Junior Member
31 Jul 12 #346373 by sorrel
Topic started by sorrel
Hi my husband and i are divorcing - we have no children together but both have adult children to previous partners, the marraige lasted 7 years.

We have agreed a financial split (both of us used solicitors for advice)and we both completed a schedule of information (I think it was called that), detailing assets, debts CETV values of pensions etc.

The matrimonial home is sold and the proceeds are sat in my solicitors bank account.

We have agreed to share the proceeds from the house sale 50:50 . Then keep our respective pensions and share debts.

My pension £122K, his was only 16K, however the debts i have agreed to settle are $42K and he is settling £15K - he is also keeping £8500 in savings.

He is now cohabiting with a new partner and I am at home with my two 18 year old girls.

My question is - how likely is the judge to grant the court order without us having to attend in person?

  • dukey
  • dukey's Avatar
  • Moderator
  • Moderator
31 Jul 12 #346378 by dukey
Reply from dukey
If you both have solicitors and legal advice very likely.

Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11

The modern, convenient and affordable way to divorce.

No-Fault Divorce £179

We provide the UK's lowest cost no-fault divorce service, managed by a well respected firm of solicitors. 

Online Mediation £250

Online mediation is a convenient and inexpensive way to agree on a fair financial settlement.

Consent Order £259

This legally binding agreement defines how assets (e.g. properties and pensions) are to be divided.

Court Support £250

Support for people who have to go to court to get a fair divorce financial settlement without a solicitor.