A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

What are we each entitled to in our divorce settlement?

What does the law say about how to split the house, how to share pensions and other assets, and how much maintenance is payable.

What steps can we take to reach a fair agreement?

The four basic steps to reaching an agreement on divorce finances are: disclosure, getting advice, negotiating and implementing a Consent Order.

What is a Consent Order and why do we need one?

A Consent Order is a legally binding document that finalises a divorcing couple's agreement on property, pensions and other assets.

Do you need help sorting out a fair financial settlement?

Our consultant service offers expert advice and support to help you reach agreement on a fair financial settlement quickly, and for less than a quarter of the cost of using a traditional high street solicitor.

Property & Money.............

  • ravi123
  • ravi123's Avatar Posted by
  • New Member
  • New Member
04 Aug 12 #347271 by ravi123
Topic started by ravi123
Hello everyone.
I am new to this site had been looking at different opinions people have commented on which are very helpful when understanding complex matter in AR.

Can someone help me on some advice on my situation- I am now self repping as my solicitor is just dragging his feet? My case is now going on since Nov 2006. I am a single mother with one child of 9 years, I filed Petition in Jan 2008, received Decree Absolute in Oct 2009, Child Arrangements sorted, but the Financials carried on because there was money and property issues outstanding.

My Ex purchased a property while we were married with funds so he states from his family, and then transferred the property to his family 18 months before I filed the Petition. His family then sold it 3 months later.
My Solicitor has been trying now for 3.5 years to get retain this property but nothing has been achieved as yet.
I know the courts can revert property back if it has been disposed of but if the property now is in the hands of a new owner can anything be done as it is now coming to 5 years. By the way this was not the Mat home as we were living with his parents.

:SCan someone advice is this worth now pressing on or is my solicitor just ranking up the bill.:S

  • colours
  • colours's Avatar
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
04 Aug 12 #347302 by colours
Reply from colours
What is the amount of money we are talking about here?

  • ravi123
  • ravi123's Avatar Posted by
  • New Member
  • New Member
04 Aug 12 #347330 by ravi123
Reply from ravi123
hi there,

property is around £100k

Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11

The modern, convenient and affordable way to divorce.

No-Fault Divorce £179

We provide the UK's lowest cost no-fault divorce service, managed by a well respected firm of solicitors. 

Online Mediation £250

Online mediation is a convenient and inexpensive way to agree on a fair financial settlement.

Consent Order £259

This legally binding agreement defines how assets (e.g. properties and pensions) are to be divided.

Court Support £250

Support for people who have to go to court to get a fair divorce financial settlement without a solicitor.