A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

What are we each entitled to in our divorce settlement?

What does the law say about how to split the house, how to share pensions and other assets, and how much maintenance is payable.

What steps can we take to reach a fair agreement?

The four basic steps to reaching an agreement on divorce finances are: disclosure, getting advice, negotiating and implementing a Consent Order.

What is a Consent Order and why do we need one?

A Consent Order is a legally binding document that finalises a divorcing couple's agreement on property, pensions and other assets.

Do you need help sorting out a fair financial settlement?

Our consultant service offers expert advice and support to help you reach agreement on a fair financial settlement quickly, and for less than a quarter of the cost of using a traditional high street solicitor.

disposal of assets prior to completing agreement

  • Wits End6667
  • Wits End6667's Avatar Posted by
  • New Member
  • New Member
06 Aug 12 #347536 by Wits End6667
Topic started by Wits End6667
Hi I am divorced and in April 2012 obtained a court order by consent to amend the deeds to land we have in Turkey from 50/50 to 66.66/33.33 in my favor to offset the value of assets. This was agreed in court and so ordered by the judge with a "to be completed by 30 August 2012 or as soon as practicable thereafter" in between the court order and today my ex has loaned money to one of her relations and now says she does not have the money to travel to turkey to implement the court order. As she had the money to fulfill her obligation to the court prior to lending it, would this be contempt of court ?

  • LittleMrMike
  • LittleMrMike's Avatar
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
06 Aug 12 #347685 by LittleMrMike
Reply from LittleMrMike
In England it would be easy enough, all that has to be done is sign a transfer and you then register it and bob''s your uncle.

It might just possibly be the same in Turkey ; not knowing nothing about Turkish law, I can''t say.


Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11

The modern, convenient and affordable way to divorce.

No-Fault Divorce £179

We provide the UK's lowest cost no-fault divorce service, managed by a well respected firm of solicitors. 

Online Mediation £250

Online mediation is a convenient and inexpensive way to agree on a fair financial settlement.

Consent Order £259

This legally binding agreement defines how assets (e.g. properties and pensions) are to be divided.

Court Support £250

Support for people who have to go to court to get a fair divorce financial settlement without a solicitor.