A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

What are we each entitled to in our divorce settlement?

What does the law say about how to split the house, how to share pensions and other assets, and how much maintenance is payable.

What steps can we take to reach a fair agreement?

The four basic steps to reaching an agreement on divorce finances are: disclosure, getting advice, negotiating and implementing a Consent Order.

What is a Consent Order and why do we need one?

A Consent Order is a legally binding document that finalises a divorcing couple's agreement on property, pensions and other assets.

Do you need help sorting out a fair financial settlement?

Our consultant service offers expert advice and support to help you reach agreement on a fair financial settlement quickly, and for less than a quarter of the cost of using a traditional high street solicitor.

Section 37 after the decree absolute

  • Mr BP
  • Mr BP's Avatar Posted by
  • New Member
  • New Member
06 Aug 12 #347720 by Mr BP
Topic started by Mr BP

i have just recently got my Decree Absolute through with my full and final financial consent.

At the time my ex wife did not want anything except wanting to be setup with a rental property and all her white goods and our little was due to be my responsibility.

My ex wife is from africa and has only discretionary stay to remain in the UK.

Now my ex has decided after everything has been done she wants money this is more her aunty.T
The property has a trust of deeds at the time of purchase.

After the decree i put the house on for sale my Ex now has made an application to the court for a S 37.

on the grounds of a fraud, however she had independent legal advise which was done and a letter was sent to court.

Please could anyone advise anything to me including risks and if she can now reopen the case and all.


  • LittleMrMike
  • LittleMrMike's Avatar
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
07 Aug 12 #347829 by LittleMrMike
Reply from LittleMrMike
As long as you made a full disclosure of your financial situation in your form E, then you should have nothing to fear.

Section 37 is designed to give the Courts power to set aside dispositions which are made with the intention of defeating a spouse''s claim to financial relief.

An order, even one made by consent, can be set aside if one party has concealed assets or made false statements - but only if the order would have been different had the Court been aware of the full facts.

Normally a Consent Order cannot be appealed, because everyone agreed to it beforehand.


  • Mr BP
  • Mr BP's Avatar Posted by
  • New Member
  • New Member
07 Aug 12 #348027 by Mr BP
Reply from Mr BP
Thankyou for your response.

The court hearing was today n the judge had adjourned the case and given the ex wife 21 days to build a case to say why the case is apperently fraud. Giving them the benefit of doubt, would you say this is good or bad. The details provided at the time of consent were correct.

A response would be apprciated.


Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11

The modern, convenient and affordable way to divorce.

No-Fault Divorce £179

We provide the UK's lowest cost no-fault divorce service, managed by a well respected firm of solicitors. 

Online Mediation £250

Online mediation is a convenient and inexpensive way to agree on a fair financial settlement.

Consent Order £259

This legally binding agreement defines how assets (e.g. properties and pensions) are to be divided.

Court Support £250

Support for people who have to go to court to get a fair divorce financial settlement without a solicitor.