A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

What are we each entitled to in our divorce settlement?

What does the law say about how to split the house, how to share pensions and other assets, and how much maintenance is payable.

What steps can we take to reach a fair agreement?

The four basic steps to reaching an agreement on divorce finances are: disclosure, getting advice, negotiating and implementing a Consent Order.

What is a Consent Order and why do we need one?

A Consent Order is a legally binding document that finalises a divorcing couple's agreement on property, pensions and other assets.

Do you need help sorting out a fair financial settlement?

Our consultant service offers expert advice and support to help you reach agreement on a fair financial settlement quickly, and for less than a quarter of the cost of using a traditional high street solicitor.

Ancillary relief

  • Ms B
  • Ms B's Avatar Posted by
  • New Member
  • New Member
12 Aug 12 #349017 by Ms B
Topic started by Ms B

I hope somebody knows the answer to my question!

If my ex-husband stated that he did NOT wish to claim Ancillary Relief at the time of divorce can he claim it at a later date?

Thank you,


  • upbeat
  • upbeat's Avatar
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
12 Aug 12 #349020 by upbeat
Reply from upbeat
Hi there,
I beleive if you have a Consent Order which states the financial situation ect and orders from the judge to that effect then that stands.

  • maisymoos
  • maisymoos's Avatar
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
12 Aug 12 #349021 by maisymoos
Reply from maisymoos
Hi Suzanne is your user name your real name? If so, contact Wiki administration and see if you can get it changed to something less recognisable.

  • MrsSadness
  • MrsSadness's Avatar
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
12 Aug 12 #349063 by MrsSadness
Reply from MrsSadness
I so agree with MaisyMoos - I am paranoid just posting under my somewhat ubiquitous user name! I would listen to Maisy here, and change it to something more anonymous - for all I know my STBX is also on here and able to read everything I say. Hence I am too scared ( DViolence and all that, to be able to say too much on here!) But if you happen to be in N/W area, area, lots of help... again, can''t volunteer but first thing is as MaisyMoos advised, change your user name if it is easily identifiable.. Just my two-pennies worth. Take care. Bye

Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11