A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

What are we each entitled to in our divorce settlement?

What does the law say about how to split the house, how to share pensions and other assets, and how much maintenance is payable.

What steps can we take to reach a fair agreement?

The four basic steps to reaching an agreement on divorce finances are: disclosure, getting advice, negotiating and implementing a Consent Order.

What is a Consent Order and why do we need one?

A Consent Order is a legally binding document that finalises a divorcing couple's agreement on property, pensions and other assets.

Do you need help sorting out a fair financial settlement?

Our consultant service offers expert advice and support to help you reach agreement on a fair financial settlement quickly, and for less than a quarter of the cost of using a traditional high street solicitor.

Revising my Statement of Issues

  • buzyizzy
  • buzyizzy's Avatar Posted by
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
14 Aug 12 #349383 by buzyizzy
Topic started by buzyizzy
I sent my statement of issues off a while ago, but can I send another one off once I have received all the necessary information that should have been on stbx form E? Or should I just send it with the clause of not having received a fully completed form e. There may be issues that need resolving once I have received all his stuff. We have to have it at court by tomorrow, mine has gone in post today, what happens if i don''t receive his tomorrow and he is late AGAIN!!

ETA Once I have received all the evidence I requested in my questionnaire to stbx sols, I presume I have to go thru it all with a fine tooth comb and have all the questions and issues ready for FDR. Is this a point when I can send another Statement of Issues or not?

  • jonathancj
  • jonathancj's Avatar
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
22 Aug 12 #351242 by jonathancj
Reply from jonathancj
Just bang in an amended one. As far as fdr is concerned, your statement of issues would be called a position statement or skeleton argument. What it does is explain to the judge and the other party what you think the right outcome should be and why.

  • buzyizzy
  • buzyizzy's Avatar Posted by
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
23 Aug 12 #351345 by buzyizzy
Reply from buzyizzy
So, more than one week late and I STILL haven''t received his replies! He''s swanned off on holiday and I''m trying to cope with a massive drop in hours which has left me penniless and I''ve just had a letter from my council asking for all the year''s tax for reasons that I know not why.
All in all, NOT a good day and it''s only 10am!

Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11

The modern, convenient and affordable way to divorce.

No-Fault Divorce £179

We provide the UK's lowest cost no-fault divorce service, managed by a well respected firm of solicitors. 

Online Mediation £250

Online mediation is a convenient and inexpensive way to agree on a fair financial settlement.

Consent Order £259

This legally binding agreement defines how assets (e.g. properties and pensions) are to be divided.

Court Support £250

Support for people who have to go to court to get a fair divorce financial settlement without a solicitor.