A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

What are we each entitled to in our divorce settlement?

What does the law say about how to split the house, how to share pensions and other assets, and how much maintenance is payable.

What steps can we take to reach a fair agreement?

The four basic steps to reaching an agreement on divorce finances are: disclosure, getting advice, negotiating and implementing a Consent Order.

What is a Consent Order and why do we need one?

A Consent Order is a legally binding document that finalises a divorcing couple's agreement on property, pensions and other assets.

Do you need help sorting out a fair financial settlement?

Our consultant service offers expert advice and support to help you reach agreement on a fair financial settlement quickly, and for less than a quarter of the cost of using a traditional high street solicitor.

Final hearing judgement

  • tinkerbell1606
  • tinkerbell1606's Avatar Posted by
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
18 Aug 12 #350279 by tinkerbell1606
Topic started by tinkerbell1606
Wondered if anyone could shed some light?
Final hearing at pr, 28th June. Judge said 3 weeks for outcome, still waiting!
Stbx still living high life, spending money like water, me lin FMH, trying to manage on meagrely maintenance. Legal fees outstanding, astronomical.
Any experience of just how long is reasonable? Solicitor says, don''t want to be seen to be harassing judge, week before last court said hopefully this week. These people are playing with our lives!

  • QPRanger
  • QPRanger's Avatar
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
18 Aug 12 #350295 by QPRanger
Reply from QPRanger
Hi tinkerbell

the courts take ages with paperwork I''m afraid: my final order took over a month to arrive and even now 2 months later I think they haven''t typed up a page of it!

I would go to the court directly and ask them face to face as 7 weeks seems a long long time: no point in phoning as they will fob you off.

I''ve been waiting 4 weeks for a response from the judge to my D11: went to the court yesterday to chase up and was told they were behind with their paperwork and mine wasn''t urgent: well it is to me!!!

  • soulruler
  • soulruler's Avatar
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
18 Aug 12 #350335 by soulruler
Reply from soulruler
Don''t harrass the judge seems to be a standard reply. I waited 5 months for a judgment once and all my legals could say was we don''t want to harrass the judge - in the meantime they were harrassing me (from both my and his solicitors) to dip into funds which I was holding pending the appeal to pay legal costs (not to let me get on with my life or pay anything "due" to my ex).

In the end I ignored them and wrote to the judge direct. The hearing was then listed.

I agree with the poster who advised going into court (if not too far away). You could also write to the court manager who is responsible for admin matters and ask for a time scale - put in your concern about ex spending money and your concern about financial settlement.

  • QPRanger
  • QPRanger's Avatar
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
18 Aug 12 #350337 by QPRanger
Reply from QPRanger
And of course your solicitor will no doubt be happy to chase up the court by sending letters...at an extra cost to yourself! Mine was in the court a few times a week but didn''t feel it was common sense to chase up my judgement whilst he was there....

Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11

The modern, convenient and affordable way to divorce.

No-Fault Divorce £179

We provide the UK's lowest cost no-fault divorce service, managed by a well respected firm of solicitors. 

Online Mediation £250

Online mediation is a convenient and inexpensive way to agree on a fair financial settlement.

Consent Orders from £359

This legally binding agreement defines how assets (e.g. properties and pensions) are to be divided.

Court Support £250

Support for people who have to go to court to get a fair divorce financial settlement without a solicitor.