A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

What are we each entitled to in our divorce settlement?

What does the law say about how to split the house, how to share pensions and other assets, and how much maintenance is payable.

What steps can we take to reach a fair agreement?

The four basic steps to reaching an agreement on divorce finances are: disclosure, getting advice, negotiating and implementing a Consent Order.

What is a Consent Order and why do we need one?

A Consent Order is a legally binding document that finalises a divorcing couple's agreement on property, pensions and other assets.

Do you need help sorting out a fair financial settlement?

Our consultant service offers expert advice and support to help you reach agreement on a fair financial settlement quickly, and for less than a quarter of the cost of using a traditional high street solicitor.


  • leanng
  • leanng's Avatar Posted by
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
31 Aug 12 #353062 by leanng
Topic started by leanng
hi i need some help/advice.

House sold in March 2012, equity held with conveyance solicitors. they have now sent a letter because they do not want to hold money any longer - they are not a bank.

First appointment - 11th October 2012.

Any suggestions. i have no contact with ex and have had to go to court as he will not agree any settlement. i have been separated for 21 months.

Conveyance solicitor have agreed to hold until First appointment. Do i bring this up with judge??

  • LittleMrMike
  • LittleMrMike's Avatar
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
31 Aug 12 #353072 by LittleMrMike
Reply from LittleMrMike
If your conveyancing solicitor won''t hold the money any longer, then you have to find another '' home '' for it.

So, yes, definitely bring it up at FA unles you have reached some agreement in the interim.


  • leanng
  • leanng's Avatar Posted by
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
31 Aug 12 #353075 by leanng
Reply from leanng
Thanks for that.

Finding home not a problem but ex will have to agree. He refuses to respond to anything.

Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11

The modern, convenient and affordable way to divorce.

No-Fault Divorce £179

We provide the UK's lowest cost no-fault divorce service, managed by a well respected firm of solicitors. 

Online Mediation £250

Online mediation is a convenient and inexpensive way to agree on a fair financial settlement.

Consent Order £259

This legally binding agreement defines how assets (e.g. properties and pensions) are to be divided.

Court Support £250

Support for people who have to go to court to get a fair divorce financial settlement without a solicitor.