A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

What are we each entitled to in our divorce settlement?

What does the law say about how to split the house, how to share pensions and other assets, and how much maintenance is payable.

What steps can we take to reach a fair agreement?

The four basic steps to reaching an agreement on divorce finances are: disclosure, getting advice, negotiating and implementing a Consent Order.

What is a Consent Order and why do we need one?

A Consent Order is a legally binding document that finalises a divorcing couple's agreement on property, pensions and other assets.

Do you need help sorting out a fair financial settlement?

Our consultant service offers expert advice and support to help you reach agreement on a fair financial settlement quickly, and for less than a quarter of the cost of using a traditional high street solicitor.

Form E Question

  • paulslaney63
  • paulslaney63's Avatar Posted by
  • New Member
  • New Member
03 Sep 12 #353631 by paulslaney63
Topic started by paulslaney63
I have supplied all financial info to my solicitor and started to fill in my form E, my solicitor saw the form at an initial meeting and advised i only needed this if we went to court and it seems our split is relatively amicable and will be settled without the need for a court. But now finally about 2 months after me, my wife has seen her solicitor and he insists we need a Form E from both parties.
My solicitor is on holiday now for 2 weeks, can anyone advise who is correct here, do i need to fill in the form E or not, my solicitor has already drawn up a schedule of liabilities with just the info i supplied to her.

  • soulruler
  • soulruler's Avatar
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
03 Sep 12 #353649 by soulruler
Reply from soulruler
From what I have read on here filling in a form e is not compulsory, only necessary if you need to go through the court process.

If you financials are simple (most are) then filling a financial e in, looking at the detail, filing questions in response which then need answering (so a questionnaire based on your spouses financial e and then a response to her questions to yours and visa versa) - well it is all extra work, extra cost to both of you in the way of solicitors bills - so what is the point other than to make matters contentious and wrack up costs - sounds like unnecessarily.

I think bearing in mind things sound simple in your situation I would contact your stbx and ask her whether she wants all the extra cost and agrivation and disipation of marital assets that could best be spent on both of you.

Two weeks might sound like a life time but in reality of divorce is a second in time.

Try and stay calm and not get emotionally inflated by the suggestion.

Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11

The modern, convenient and affordable way to divorce.

No-Fault Divorce £179

We provide the UK's lowest cost no-fault divorce service, managed by a well respected firm of solicitors. 

Online Mediation £250

Online mediation is a convenient and inexpensive way to agree on a fair financial settlement.

Consent Order £259

This legally binding agreement defines how assets (e.g. properties and pensions) are to be divided.

Court Support £250

Support for people who have to go to court to get a fair divorce financial settlement without a solicitor.