A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

What are we each entitled to in our divorce settlement?

What does the law say about how to split the house, how to share pensions and other assets, and how much maintenance is payable.

What steps can we take to reach a fair agreement?

The four basic steps to reaching an agreement on divorce finances are: disclosure, getting advice, negotiating and implementing a Consent Order.

What is a Consent Order and why do we need one?

A Consent Order is a legally binding document that finalises a divorcing couple's agreement on property, pensions and other assets.

Do you need help sorting out a fair financial settlement?

Our consultant service offers expert advice and support to help you reach agreement on a fair financial settlement quickly, and for less than a quarter of the cost of using a traditional high street solicitor.

is this a reasonable offer?

  • minxy1912
  • minxy1912's Avatar Posted by
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
09 Sep 12 #354752 by minxy1912
Topic started by minxy1912
myself and my ex joint own 2 properties, the FHM but my bizness is attached too,and a BTL property that is rented out.
The buy to let is in negative equity the FHM has about £30,000 equity in it.
My father originally bought the fhm with my grandmothers inheritance and we rented it off him. We took it over in 2005 at a very good price and my father paid off all our other debts.
We remortgaged in 2006 for £10,000 to buy the BTL.
In 2008 my ex lost his job and has put nothing in to the family home since.
He moved out in July 2011, ive have asked him for nothing except csa,which i still haven''t received.
He wants the BTL, i am more than happy for him to have this and leave me alone,BUT he has no credit rating and is very bad with money, i want my name off the mortgage so when he messes up it dosnt drag me down aswell.
If i offer him half of the profit payed yearly,and sell as soon as possable,or if he can take my name off sooner he can,does that sound fair???
Or he takes his name off both the deads and i give him a 5 grand pay out?x

  • fizzy head
  • fizzy head's Avatar
  • Junior Member
  • Junior Member
16 Mar 14 #426190 by fizzy head
Reply from fizzy head
Hi what happened in your settlement case I have similar situation. Having paid for deposit on marital home and come in on BTL as well . STBX wants me to sell marital home and give him BTL...ridiculous I paid most of home and mortgages. any help thanks

Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11

The modern, convenient and affordable way to divorce.

No-Fault Divorce £179

We provide the UK's lowest cost no-fault divorce service, managed by a well respected firm of solicitors. 

Online Mediation £250

Online mediation is a convenient and inexpensive way to agree on a fair financial settlement.

Consent Order £259

This legally binding agreement defines how assets (e.g. properties and pensions) are to be divided.

Court Support £250

Support for people who have to go to court to get a fair divorce financial settlement without a solicitor.