A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

What are we each entitled to in our divorce settlement?

What does the law say about how to split the house, how to share pensions and other assets, and how much maintenance is payable.

What steps can we take to reach a fair agreement?

The four basic steps to reaching an agreement on divorce finances are: disclosure, getting advice, negotiating and implementing a Consent Order.

What is a Consent Order and why do we need one?

A Consent Order is a legally binding document that finalises a divorcing couple's agreement on property, pensions and other assets.

Do you need help sorting out a fair financial settlement?

Our consultant service offers expert advice and support to help you reach agreement on a fair financial settlement quickly, and for less than a quarter of the cost of using a traditional high street solicitor.

FDA - Questionnaire and Statement of Issues

  • leanng
  • leanng's Avatar Posted by
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
23 Sep 12 #357415 by leanng
Topic started by leanng
Today I will be completing the questionnaire and Statement of Issues.

Thinking ahead, does the Court look at the financial position at time of separation or form E''s submitted.

Separated 22 months, divorced over one year.

Voluntary disclosure done over 18 months ago but ex refused to negotiate settlement hence Court.

Position changed now.. FMH sold, equity held with solicitor, pension report completed, all joint accounts closed.

Currently live in rented with 3 children (2 dependent). Ex lives in rented, has little contact with kids (his choice) and no overnight contact.

My form e now shows i am £8000 in debt due to solicitors bills and moving costs as ex refused to make any mortgage payments.

Ex has quite a few thousand in bank, new car, rent paid in advance, all solicitors bills paid, holiday in Oct to Goa and Australia and 2 week holiday earlier in year to Spain. Believe ex
hid money after separation but believe he has put it back into his account after Absolute granted!!!!

Any ideas??

  • dukey
  • dukey's Avatar
  • Moderator
  • Moderator
23 Sep 12 #357417 by dukey
Reply from dukey
Much depends on how long you were married, given you have three children one now over 18 and assuming they are children of the marriage then the court will be looking at all you have, the fact you have been separated a while will make little difference, it sounds very much like a case of needs, which most are.

  • leanng
  • leanng's Avatar Posted by
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
23 Sep 12 #357425 by leanng
Reply from leanng
Thank you. children are of the marriage.

Relationship 24 years

married 19 years - cohabited 3 years prior to marriage and first child born prior to marriage

Not worried about housing oldest...

only looking to house dependents.. more interested in current assets.

I was quite happy to just look at splitting equity and pensions as they stand but ex has now brought in assets on his form e that do not exist... for instance i had a horse trailer that was sold sept 2010 prior to separation. money was disclosed in voluntary. horse that belonged to eldest daughter that she bought! he s also put car loan in form e that he wants settling despite this being bought after split! But funnily enough has not disclosed all the money he took at time of separation...

His form e is minimal and out of date.... he has just copied original voluntary one

Just want out and away from him....

Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11

The modern, convenient and affordable way to divorce.

No-Fault Divorce £179

We provide the UK's lowest cost no-fault divorce service, managed by a well respected firm of solicitors. 

Online Mediation £250

Online mediation is a convenient and inexpensive way to agree on a fair financial settlement.

Consent Order £259

This legally binding agreement defines how assets (e.g. properties and pensions) are to be divided.

Court Support £250

Support for people who have to go to court to get a fair divorce financial settlement without a solicitor.