A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

What are we each entitled to in our divorce settlement?

What does the law say about how to split the house, how to share pensions and other assets, and how much maintenance is payable.

What steps can we take to reach a fair agreement?

The four basic steps to reaching an agreement on divorce finances are: disclosure, getting advice, negotiating and implementing a Consent Order.

What is a Consent Order and why do we need one?

A Consent Order is a legally binding document that finalises a divorcing couple's agreement on property, pensions and other assets.

Do you need help sorting out a fair financial settlement?

Our consultant service offers expert advice and support to help you reach agreement on a fair financial settlement quickly, and for less than a quarter of the cost of using a traditional high street solicitor.

Consent order

  • coasttocoast
  • coasttocoast's Avatar Posted by
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
29 Sep 12 #358482 by coasttocoast
Topic started by coasttocoast
Hi i am the respondent in divorce. I think i am nearing the stage where agreement can be made and a Consent Order can be drawn up by my ex''s solicitor.
I am currently self repping however once this legal document is drawn up i would like to take it to a solicitor to be looked over. Can anyone tell me roughly how much this may cost.
One other matter, it is my wife that has initiated Ancillary Relief proceedings, is it possible that i may be asked to pay towards her solicitor drawing up a consent order and again does anyone have roughly some idea of what this would cost.

Thank you

  • Serendipity100
  • Serendipity100's Avatar
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
30 Sep 12 #358532 by Serendipity100
Reply from Serendipity100
Have you had FDA yet? Best to spend a few hundred on your own sol proof-reading the consent order, than spend far more on formal AR procedings. Voluntary negotiation is the way to go and a consent order can be changed to a court order at any stage during AR. Hope this helps.

  • dukey
  • dukey's Avatar
  • Moderator
  • Moderator
30 Sep 12 #358535 by dukey
Reply from dukey
Click services at the top, it''s £99, for CO advice.

  • coasttocoast
  • coasttocoast's Avatar Posted by
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
30 Sep 12 #358552 by coasttocoast
Reply from coasttocoast
Thanks serendipity, i am at the stage where fdr is within a few days. Trying to stop it from going this far and reach agreement however ex seemed determined to push it through court process. She is using a sol and i have not had to use one so far.

Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11

The modern, convenient and affordable way to divorce.

No-Fault Divorce £179

We provide the UK's lowest cost no-fault divorce service, managed by a well respected firm of solicitors. 

Online Mediation £250

Online mediation is a convenient and inexpensive way to agree on a fair financial settlement.

Consent Order £259

This legally binding agreement defines how assets (e.g. properties and pensions) are to be divided.

Court Support £250

Support for people who have to go to court to get a fair divorce financial settlement without a solicitor.