A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

What are we each entitled to in our divorce settlement?

What does the law say about how to split the house, how to share pensions and other assets, and how much maintenance is payable.

What steps can we take to reach a fair agreement?

The four basic steps to reaching an agreement on divorce finances are: disclosure, getting advice, negotiating and implementing a Consent Order.

What is a Consent Order and why do we need one?

A Consent Order is a legally binding document that finalises a divorcing couple's agreement on property, pensions and other assets.

Do you need help sorting out a fair financial settlement?

Our consultant service offers expert advice and support to help you reach agreement on a fair financial settlement quickly, and for less than a quarter of the cost of using a traditional high street solicitor.

Transfer of property/funds

  • Jenna29
  • Jenna29's Avatar Posted by
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
08 Oct 12 #359802 by Jenna29
Topic started by Jenna29
My ex and I have a Consent Order agreeing that I''ll take my name off the deeds of the FMH in exchange for £10,000. How do I go about taking my name off the deeds? Do we need solicitors involvement?

  • dukey
  • dukey's Avatar
  • Moderator
  • Moderator
08 Oct 12 #359803 by dukey
Reply from dukey
If it is just to take your name off the deed you need to complete form TR1 and send it to land registry, both the form and a guide to completing it are in the library, though i`d have to say i`m not a big fan of doing it yourself, if a mistake is made problems can cost lots of dosh to sort out.

Better to pay a solicitor a couple of hundred and leave it to them, wiki offer the service so maybe give them a call and compare prices.

If you do try it yourself at least have a solicitor look over it before you send it.

  • Jenna29
  • Jenna29's Avatar Posted by
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
09 Oct 12 #359972 by Jenna29
Reply from Jenna29
Great, thank you. I''ll get a solicitor to check it.

Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11

The modern, convenient and affordable way to divorce.

No-Fault Divorce £179

We provide the UK's lowest cost no-fault divorce service, managed by a well respected firm of solicitors. 

Online Mediation £250

Online mediation is a convenient and inexpensive way to agree on a fair financial settlement.

Consent Order £259

This legally binding agreement defines how assets (e.g. properties and pensions) are to be divided.

Court Support £250

Support for people who have to go to court to get a fair divorce financial settlement without a solicitor.