I have been divorced since December 11.
We were married for 14 years, before we slpit up. She now lives with her mother in warwick with our two kids, and is gonna stay there. I live in Birmingham with my parents, and have recently re-married and have a baby due. We have two properties, one is joint valued at approx £170000, mortgage is £130000, 2nd property is on my name, valued at approx £125000, mortgage £100000. Both are currently on rent. I don''t have a pension or alot of savings. I see the kids fortnightly as they spend alternative weekends with us. What would i be entitled to. I have have also thought about selling the property I own. She only works part time and wants me sell both properties, but I want to keep one so I can live in it. She has applied ancillery relief.
1. Any spousal maintenance in your favour ends immediately.
2. If, by the time of the re-marriage, you have not made a claim against your wife for Ancillary Relief, you cannot make any further claims after the marriage.
3. Re-marriage does not prevent your ex wife making any claims against you.
4. The Court cannot redistribute the income or assets of a third party and therefore she has no claim against your partner.
5. The fact that you have a partner who is supporting you makes your claim for Ancillary Relief weaker than it might otherwise be.
If you have already made a claim for ancillary relief, and then re-marry, the claim can be considered. The law only prevents you from making claims after remarriage.
How old are you both?
How old are the children?
Did you cohabit before you married?
The asset pot appears to be equity of £65K ? Are there any other assets, e.g savings shares?
Are there any marital debts
What are your respective incomes including benefits
What are your respective pensions
im 39, she is 36.
Kids are 13 and 10.
i#m on a short term contract at 1200 p/m
She earns £600 p/m
No pensions for me, she might have one from her work
My Credit card dept approx £10000
Outstanding mortages are £130k and £100k
No other assets, both in good health.
lived apart for 2 years