A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

What are we each entitled to in our divorce settlement?

What does the law say about how to split the house, how to share pensions and other assets, and how much maintenance is payable.

What steps can we take to reach a fair agreement?

The four basic steps to reaching an agreement on divorce finances are: disclosure, getting advice, negotiating and implementing a Consent Order.

What is a Consent Order and why do we need one?

A Consent Order is a legally binding document that finalises a divorcing couple's agreement on property, pensions and other assets.

Do you need help sorting out a fair financial settlement?

Our consultant service offers expert advice and support to help you reach agreement on a fair financial settlement quickly, and for less than a quarter of the cost of using a traditional high street solicitor.

E form

  • Orangejuice
  • Orangejuice's Avatar Posted by
  • New Member
  • New Member
16 Oct 12 #361190 by Orangejuice
Topic started by Orangejuice
Hi, I have recently sent my form E back to my solicitor however I am unsure if this is sent to the court to exchange or if it is sent to my STBX solicitor?

There was nothing discussed about exchanging directly with her solicitor, and mine is away at the moment.

If anyone can clarify?

  • QPRanger
  • QPRanger's Avatar
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
16 Oct 12 #361219 by QPRanger
Reply from QPRanger
Hi yes your solicitor will file it with the other solicitor and the court.

  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
16 Oct 12 #361220 by GETTING STRONGER NOW
Just trying to fill mine in now. Its a nightmare..How long did it take you to fill in?
I''m never sure if i''m putting the correct information in the right place.

  • dukey
  • dukey's Avatar
  • Moderator
  • Moderator
16 Oct 12 #361223 by dukey
Reply from dukey
There should be three copy`s, you keep one the other sides solicitor gets one and court the third copy.

If you are doing form E yourself just do your best, its not an easy form to complete.

  • WhiteRose
  • WhiteRose's Avatar
  • Moderator
  • Moderator
16 Oct 12 #361244 by WhiteRose
Reply from WhiteRose
Sorry OP to go off topic, GSN - have a look here at the Form E info:


Bet to take your time and read, re-read and get everything right on the Form E. Maybe complete one as a draft, scribble, add, cross out on this one then fill the proper one online.

  • Orangejuice
  • Orangejuice's Avatar Posted by
  • New Member
  • New Member
16 Oct 12 #361271 by Orangejuice
Reply from Orangejuice
thansk for this and everyones advise - all done now at last x

Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11

The modern, convenient and affordable way to divorce.

No-Fault Divorce £179

We provide the UK's lowest cost no-fault divorce service, managed by a well respected firm of solicitors. 

Online Mediation £250

Online mediation is a convenient and inexpensive way to agree on a fair financial settlement.

Consent Order £259

This legally binding agreement defines how assets (e.g. properties and pensions) are to be divided.

Court Support £250

Support for people who have to go to court to get a fair divorce financial settlement without a solicitor.