A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

What are we each entitled to in our divorce settlement?

What does the law say about how to split the house, how to share pensions and other assets, and how much maintenance is payable.

What steps can we take to reach a fair agreement?

The four basic steps to reaching an agreement on divorce finances are: disclosure, getting advice, negotiating and implementing a Consent Order.

What is a Consent Order and why do we need one?

A Consent Order is a legally binding document that finalises a divorcing couple's agreement on property, pensions and other assets.

Do you need help sorting out a fair financial settlement?

Our consultant service offers expert advice and support to help you reach agreement on a fair financial settlement quickly, and for less than a quarter of the cost of using a traditional high street solicitor.

Can a judge reject consent order?

  • Clockit
  • Clockit's Avatar Posted by
  • Senior Member
  • Senior Member
11 Nov 17 #497567 by Clockit
Reply from Clockit
8 months?!!!! Wow!! I was hoping 8 weeks.

Our marriage was short so I am hoping the DJ doesn't kick up a stick over anything.

The divorce process alone has been going on the 16 months and we are only just had a Decree Nisi granted.

It's nice to hear someone happy with there financial outcome. So many of us are too focused on what we are owed rather than what we need. A hard lesson to learn in divorce.

  • elizadoolittle
  • elizadoolittle's Avatar
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
11 Nov 17 #497569 by elizadoolittle
Reply from elizadoolittle
My ex and I were both extensively and expensively legally represented and the negotiations were long and painful. When we finally had a Consent Order, the judge apparently queried one or two points. My lawyer told me about these (I can't remember the details) and responded, and it was then approved by the judge without alteration. I don't think it added much time to the process.

(Academic in my case, since my ex has so far refused to comply with the terms eg to pay child maintenance...)

Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11