A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

What are we each entitled to in our divorce settlement?

What does the law say about how to split the house, how to share pensions and other assets, and how much maintenance is payable.

What steps can we take to reach a fair agreement?

The four basic steps to reaching an agreement on divorce finances are: disclosure, getting advice, negotiating and implementing a Consent Order.

What is a Consent Order and why do we need one?

A Consent Order is a legally binding document that finalises a divorcing couple's agreement on property, pensions and other assets.

Do you need help sorting out a fair financial settlement?

Our consultant service offers expert advice and support to help you reach agreement on a fair financial settlement quickly, and for less than a quarter of the cost of using a traditional high street solicitor.


  • wikiliki
  • wikiliki's Avatar Posted by
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
03 Nov 17 #497363 by wikiliki
Topic started by wikiliki
Just received notice of first appointment. Haven't got a clue what to do.

It states that buy the 19th December I must file with the court a statement that gives full details of property and income. and Exchange with the applicant. (form E E1 or E2) is it just the Form E I need to do . What does E1 and E2

It goes on to say that buy the 9th January you much file:

. a concise Statement of the apparent issues between yourself and the other party.
. a chronology
. a questionnaire setting out further information and documents required from the other party or a statement that no information required.
. a Notice of Form G ( what is this for)

First appointment 23rd January 2018.

This all seems so quick

any help would be appreciated. wikiliki

  • Luna Shadow
  • Luna Shadow's Avatar
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
03 Nov 17 #497371 by Luna Shadow
Reply from Luna Shadow
OK - deep breaths - this is doable.

It is form E you want to fill in. Form E1/E2 are for different hearings. This guide is quite useful:


Also this video : www.advicenow.org.uk/guides/how-fill-you...tatement-form-e-film

Concentrate on this for now. The statement of issues, chronology and questionnaire will come out of seeing your ex's form E,

If you have any pensions, then get in touch with the pension providers immediately as this can take the longest to arrive.

When you've had a look at what you need to do for form E then come back here and we'll try to help you out if you have any specific questions.

Oh, and Form G is simply asking if you want to treat the first appointment as an FDR. Normally the answer is 'no' because there are almost always questions that need answering.

  • wikiliki
  • wikiliki's Avatar Posted by
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
04 Nov 17 #497379 by wikiliki
Reply from wikiliki
Thank you Luna, It just came as a bit of a shock as I have been waiting for months a several letter to his solicitor to provide financial discloser so I could seek advise to what would be a fair settlement.

Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11