A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

What are we each entitled to in our divorce settlement?

What does the law say about how to split the house, how to share pensions and other assets, and how much maintenance is payable.

What steps can we take to reach a fair agreement?

The four basic steps to reaching an agreement on divorce finances are: disclosure, getting advice, negotiating and implementing a Consent Order.

What is a Consent Order and why do we need one?

A Consent Order is a legally binding document that finalises a divorcing couple's agreement on property, pensions and other assets.

Do you need help sorting out a fair financial settlement?

Our consultant service offers expert advice and support to help you reach agreement on a fair financial settlement quickly, and for less than a quarter of the cost of using a traditional high street solicitor.

Form E

  • myrtle68
  • myrtle68's Avatar Posted by
  • New Member
  • New Member
19 Nov 17 #497715 by myrtle68
Topic started by myrtle68
Can anyone help, we have exchanged form E,Questionnaires etc and have had the first hearing where the judge requested we both answer our respective questionnaires within a set period, these were then done, however I have now received over 3 weeks later notification in the form of a letter and email a deficiencies notice asking further questions and my ex husband asking me to provide them within 7 days, as this was not requested by the court and they are quite frankly just a further fishing expedition on issues that he already knows the answers to, do I have to respond voluntarily to this request?
I have already provided full and frank disclosure on my form E with all evidences of my non existent finances, he is very wealthy in comparison and is hiding undisclosed finances including undeclared self employment, I requested his tax returns and business accounts, his response was that due to our short marriage of 9 months he didn't have to disclose 2 years accounts, however form E requests this, how will this be viewed by the judge and can he actually refuse to disclose even though the form E requests 2 years?
any advice would be greatly appreciated.

  • hadenoughnow
  • hadenoughnow's Avatar
  • Moderator
  • Moderator
19 Nov 17 #497718 by hadenoughnow
Reply from hadenoughnow

Welcome to wikivorce. Supplementary questions are usually allowed. However, if you believe the points raised have already been covered, you can state this.

Can I just ask if you lived together before marriage? If you did, for how long? Are there any children to consider? Are you actually divorced now?

Who is the applicant in financial proceedings?

After a short marriage with no children, the usual rule of thumb would be that you each take out what you put in. If you are asking for financial information that pre-dates the marriage (and any cohabitation) I can see why this is being resisted and I don't think a judge would have a problem with this not being disclosed.


Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11