A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

What are we each entitled to in our divorce settlement?

What does the law say about how to split the house, how to share pensions and other assets, and how much maintenance is payable.

What steps can we take to reach a fair agreement?

The four basic steps to reaching an agreement on divorce finances are: disclosure, getting advice, negotiating and implementing a Consent Order.

What is a Consent Order and why do we need one?

A Consent Order is a legally binding document that finalises a divorcing couple's agreement on property, pensions and other assets.

Do you need help sorting out a fair financial settlement?

Our consultant service offers expert advice and support to help you reach agreement on a fair financial settlement quickly, and for less than a quarter of the cost of using a traditional high street solicitor.

Proceed to DA without Consent Order

  • Hector22a
  • Hector22a's Avatar Posted by
  • New Member
  • New Member
29 Nov 17 #497884 by Hector22a
Topic started by Hector22a
Very simple divorce now been dragging on for one year..

I am the petitioner and petitioned on the basis of unreasonable (violent) behaviour.

Short marriage of 6 yrs.
No children.
No joint accounts.
House in my name and was bought and renovated by me before we met.
Ex made no financial contribution to mortgage at any point.
Has been agreed that it is a premarital asset.

Both in same public sector pension scheme.
CETV difference of approx. £50K. I am the higher earner.

Am fed up of paying solicitors for nothing. Have filled in form E fully. Ex has not.
Ex in a lot of debt but will not disclose amount.

Question is, if I proceed to DA what will ex have to do to claim anything and how much is it likely to cost them? If my ex remarries will then they be unable to claim anything?

I want nothing from them, just a Clean Break if possible.

  • polar
  • polar's Avatar
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
30 Dec 17 #498383 by polar
Reply from polar
Just a short reply.
Unless you you have a pre nup agreement signed sealed and delivered then all your x has to say is that it wasn't a short marriage.
Whats it likely to cost? Is she bothered when the stake is taking you on a 50/50 basis.

I would try and get a Clean Break deal ASAP.

Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11