A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

What are we each entitled to in our divorce settlement?

What does the law say about how to split the house, how to share pensions and other assets, and how much maintenance is payable.

What steps can we take to reach a fair agreement?

The four basic steps to reaching an agreement on divorce finances are: disclosure, getting advice, negotiating and implementing a Consent Order.

What is a Consent Order and why do we need one?

A Consent Order is a legally binding document that finalises a divorcing couple's agreement on property, pensions and other assets.

Do you need help sorting out a fair financial settlement?

Our consultant service offers expert advice and support to help you reach agreement on a fair financial settlement quickly, and for less than a quarter of the cost of using a traditional high street solicitor.

Help with appeal on ancillary relief

  • Bibbobs
  • Bibbobs's Avatar Posted by
  • Junior Member
  • Junior Member
29 Dec 17 #498379 by Bibbobs
Topic started by Bibbobs
Any advice pls? My application was dismissed despite my wealthy ex partner lying about everything. Never married but after son was born
And we split he transferred everything from his name to his brothers including his partnership! This was all evident on paper and he found Deeds of trusts that related years back saying actually they were never my property at all. No originals were ever seen. Nothing was on the Land Rebistry stating these properties were not his! Despite huge transactions stations he gambled away thousands the Judge believed him. I am going for permission to appeal / anyone have any ideas about these so called Deeds of Trust? It was obvious everything was moved after my son was born.

  • hadenoughnow
  • hadenoughnow's Avatar
  • Moderator
  • Moderator
30 Dec 17 #498389 by hadenoughnow
Reply from hadenoughnow
If you were not married then family law does not apply on this case so an application for financial remedy (ancillary relief) would not be appropriate. Any property belongs to the person whose name it is in and you have no rights to financial support beyond statutory child maintenance.

If you are disputing property ownership, this is a matter of property law. The ownership should be recorded at the land registry and can be checked online. Anything in joint names could not be transferred without your agreement. What does the land registry say?

If properties were not in joint names then you would either have to establish beneficial interest or use the children act if you need housing. There is a costs risk in taking a case forward under property law.

You really need specialist legal advice before deciding what to do next.


Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11