A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

What are we each entitled to in our divorce settlement?

What does the law say about how to split the house, how to share pensions and other assets, and how much maintenance is payable.

What steps can we take to reach a fair agreement?

The four basic steps to reaching an agreement on divorce finances are: disclosure, getting advice, negotiating and implementing a Consent Order.

What is a Consent Order and why do we need one?

A Consent Order is a legally binding document that finalises a divorcing couple's agreement on property, pensions and other assets.

Do you need help sorting out a fair financial settlement?

Our consultant service offers expert advice and support to help you reach agreement on a fair financial settlement quickly, and for less than a quarter of the cost of using a traditional high street solicitor.

Consent Order

  • rachy74
  • rachy74's Avatar Posted by
  • Junior Member
  • Junior Member
09 Nov 18 #504793 by rachy74
Topic started by rachy74
So finally, after an adjourned 1st hearing(!!!) my soon to be ex and I have come to an agreement ourselves, both in agreement the court process is a joke and complete rip off.
We want to stop the process and get this formalised.
I'm the petitioner. Does my solicitor need to draft the Consent Order or can his do it?
I think we need to send a form D11(?) and Consent Order in order for the financial remedy proceedings process to be halted?
Any other useful info gratefully appreciated. Just want the cheapest way forward now

  • Under60
  • Under60's Avatar
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
09 Nov 18 #504795 by Under60
Reply from Under60
We came to an agreement during court process but before final hearing. My solicitor said if his drafts it then it will mean I’m not paying for her time to do it, he is paying, so we let them draft it and apparently “You deliberately ran up my solicitors bill” :P
So either one can do it, but it would be cheaper for you if otherside did it. You get to read the draft beforehand, and can point out any errors or parts missed out.

  • .Charles
  • .Charles's Avatar
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
14 Nov 18 #504888 by .Charles
Reply from .Charles
It depends what you want from the court. If you want an order which is made by consent between the 2 parties, you can apply with Form A, a statement of information, a draft order and a court fee of £55.

If you want to abandon the process and withdraw the application you can apply to do that but there will be no financial order separating your respective claims. This would mean that a further application court be made at a later date.


Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11