A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

What are we each entitled to in our divorce settlement?

What does the law say about how to split the house, how to share pensions and other assets, and how much maintenance is payable.

What steps can we take to reach a fair agreement?

The four basic steps to reaching an agreement on divorce finances are: disclosure, getting advice, negotiating and implementing a Consent Order.

What is a Consent Order and why do we need one?

A Consent Order is a legally binding document that finalises a divorcing couple's agreement on property, pensions and other assets.

Do you need help sorting out a fair financial settlement?

Our consultant service offers expert advice and support to help you reach agreement on a fair financial settlement quickly, and for less than a quarter of the cost of using a traditional high street solicitor.

add one para to court order

  • Retiredrec
  • Retiredrec's Avatar Posted by
  • Junior Member
  • Junior Member
26 Nov 18 #505070 by Retiredrec
Topic started by Retiredrec
Decree Absolute in June. Outstanding is sale of family home, net funds divided 50:50.
Market very sticky, and I as respondent wish to buy her out at open market value. She agrees and price agreed.
So just a single para needs adding to the Sale instructions in the court order. No other changes, nor children.

HMCTS tell me the forms we sign are the Form A, FM1, D81. Form A seems relevant, FM1 is for children, D81 a huge amount of detail already covered before.

Surely the judge simply needs to see a copy of the June court order, and a one page request with para to add - (e) in this case ! and jointly signed.

  • hadenoughnow
  • hadenoughnow's Avatar
  • Moderator
  • Moderator
26 Nov 18 #505073 by hadenoughnow
Reply from hadenoughnow
Do you have a Consent Order as well as the Decree Absolute?

If you do not, you will need to apply for one. The financial settlement is separate from the divorce.

This will entail completing Form A and the D81 - and providing a draft Consent Order. The consent order should be drawn up by a solicitor to ensure the wording is legally watertight.

If you do have a Consent Order in place, you could use a D11 to apply to the court for a change in the sale instructions. Or you can just agree between yourselves - after all the property is still being sold; it is just not being sold on the open market.


Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11