A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

What are we each entitled to in our divorce settlement?

What does the law say about how to split the house, how to share pensions and other assets, and how much maintenance is payable.

What steps can we take to reach a fair agreement?

The four basic steps to reaching an agreement on divorce finances are: disclosure, getting advice, negotiating and implementing a Consent Order.

What is a Consent Order and why do we need one?

A Consent Order is a legally binding document that finalises a divorcing couple's agreement on property, pensions and other assets.

Do you need help sorting out a fair financial settlement?

Our consultant service offers expert advice and support to help you reach agreement on a fair financial settlement quickly, and for less than a quarter of the cost of using a traditional high street solicitor.

Completing Form A1 (to vary maintenance order)

  • jandle
  • jandle's Avatar Posted by
  • Junior Member
  • Junior Member
04 Dec 18 #505183 by jandle
Topic started by jandle

I divorced 3 years ago, with the outcome being a global maintenance order stating I pay 1800 per month (less any CSA payment) until 2020 after which it is reduced to nominal maintenance.

My ex wife has recently remarried, which I believe ends my obligation to pay spousal maintenance, and gives me strong grounds to end the global maintenance order. I think Form A1 is the correct form to apply for this variation, but it is pretty daunting.

I don't want to take on a lawyer for this as it's only going to save me the excess I'm paying for 22 months, and legal fees may make it unjustifiable. That said, I'd pay for an hour if this time could be used to fill in the form properly, and use the remaining time to give advice. Does this sort of hourly service exist?

Otherwise, does anyone have experience with A1? I could really use some advice (ie, do I have exemption from mediation or does that have to be done).


Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11