A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

What are we each entitled to in our divorce settlement?

What does the law say about how to split the house, how to share pensions and other assets, and how much maintenance is payable.

What steps can we take to reach a fair agreement?

The four basic steps to reaching an agreement on divorce finances are: disclosure, getting advice, negotiating and implementing a Consent Order.

What is a Consent Order and why do we need one?

A Consent Order is a legally binding document that finalises a divorcing couple's agreement on property, pensions and other assets.

Do you need help sorting out a fair financial settlement?

Our consultant service offers expert advice and support to help you reach agreement on a fair financial settlement quickly, and for less than a quarter of the cost of using a traditional high street solicitor.

Help with D11

  • divorce2373
  • divorce2373's Avatar Posted by
  • Senior Member
  • Senior Member
01 Mar 19 #506484 by divorce2373
Topic started by divorce2373
Re:In complete paper works 0 Minutes ago
I am trying to fill a D11 application for adjournment FDR and secure a penal notice. In box 3, it is ask for 'a draft copy of the order I am applying for'. I am not sure where I could get an example of draft order, please?

Many thanks in advance,

  • .Charles
  • .Charles's Avatar
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
04 Mar 19 #506524 by .Charles
Reply from .Charles
Yes, it would typically be a numbered list of directions that you wish the court to make e.g.

(1) The hearing on X date be adjourned.

(2) The Respondent is ordered to file and serve Y document within 7 days of the date of this order.

(3) A penal notice be attached to paragraph 2 of this order.

(4) The costs of and occasioned by this application be paid by the Respondent, to be assessed if not agreed.

Obviously you will need to make it fit with whatever direction has been made and breached and ensure you change the parties to fit in with your own circumstances (if you are the Respondent for instance you don't want an order against yourself!)

You need to be aware that applications take a while to process and there is a chance that the hearing will have been and gone before your application is considered. It may be better to write to the court stating the position as a heads up. You can then ask for a penal notice at the hearing (if the judge doesn't make the order without your input).


  • divorce2373
  • divorce2373's Avatar Posted by
  • Senior Member
  • Senior Member
04 Mar 19 #506525 by divorce2373
Reply from divorce2373

Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11