A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

What are we each entitled to in our divorce settlement?

What does the law say about how to split the house, how to share pensions and other assets, and how much maintenance is payable.

What steps can we take to reach a fair agreement?

The four basic steps to reaching an agreement on divorce finances are: disclosure, getting advice, negotiating and implementing a Consent Order.

What is a Consent Order and why do we need one?

A Consent Order is a legally binding document that finalises a divorcing couple's agreement on property, pensions and other assets.

Do you need help sorting out a fair financial settlement?

Our consultant service offers expert advice and support to help you reach agreement on a fair financial settlement quickly, and for less than a quarter of the cost of using a traditional high street solicitor.

Consent order before 1st appointment

  • Pen65
  • Pen65's Avatar Posted by
  • New Member
  • New Member
11 May 19 #507539 by Pen65
Topic started by Pen65
Hi can I ask my exhusband filed a financial remedy first appointment for 27th of June ,
I have filled in form E and representing myself as out of funds for a solicitor my case has been going on since 2010 house sold 2 years ago and my solicitor has held funds proceeds , as I just could not continue with legal fees , my exhusband had lived at the property with no mortgage while I paid rent for 8 years but would not agree to a 50/50 split he wants 70/30
He is on disability and has a solicitor, I work full time on a min wage and having to represent myself
When I first was served with first appointment I did email his solicitor that I would accept a 60/40 split in his favour to get closure , I did not hear anything till I emailed last week I emailed to say I was ready to exchange form E and 5 mins later received an email that she had a consultation with my exhusband the follow day
Today 10 days later I have received a draft Consent Order for me to fill in to the agreement of the 60/40, 5 weeks after I had contacted them,! A D81 with a letter “ further to the fininacial agreement reached between you and my exhusband .?. First I heard he had agreed

Do we still exchange form E and do I go to the first appointment ?
Will it go against me now if I don’t consent . I have spent hours doing the form E and taking time off for the first appointment 40 miles away from where I live
I do not like the statement of information part 9 where it says we have come to the agreement as he maintained the home for 8 years after I left hence 60/40 so untrue the house was sold at a loss of 5,000 from when we purchased
Can I ask for any advice, I do think I will need to see my original solicitor but would appreciate any comments

Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11