A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

What are we each entitled to in our divorce settlement?

What does the law say about how to split the house, how to share pensions and other assets, and how much maintenance is payable.

What steps can we take to reach a fair agreement?

The four basic steps to reaching an agreement on divorce finances are: disclosure, getting advice, negotiating and implementing a Consent Order.

What is a Consent Order and why do we need one?

A Consent Order is a legally binding document that finalises a divorcing couple's agreement on property, pensions and other assets.

Do you need help sorting out a fair financial settlement?

Our consultant service offers expert advice and support to help you reach agreement on a fair financial settlement quickly, and for less than a quarter of the cost of using a traditional high street solicitor.

Refusual to respond the Financial Settlement

  • SamLoops
  • SamLoops's Avatar Posted by
  • New Member
  • New Member
14 Aug 19 #509067 by SamLoops
Topic started by SamLoops
Hi All,

Could anyone advise on what happens if the respondent doesn't engage with the court at all. This she has done this throughout the divorce so far. My lawyer suggests that we can ask the court to go by my evidence only (form E) in the Financial settlement. Is this a good idea? I know she has lots of foreign assets but I have little to no proof etc. I am worried about the kids and I loosing our home and financial misery there in. I can only just about keep the ship afloat now without the costs of moving or paying increased mortgage etc. Anyone every experienced this scenario?

in advance thank you.

  • Allcry
  • Allcry's Avatar
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
16 Aug 19 #509118 by Allcry
Reply from Allcry
Hi, it will end badly for them, and be easier but longer for you.

You can't get away from the court for long unless you don't respond to the notice in financial relief. In the divorce, they really don't care. But with assets, they want to get you served.

You will need a "process server" (approx £150 or less), to serve her. The court will need to have evidence that she is aware the courts are making decisions about her life.

The process server will need a photo, a description of her, her approx location at home or work, and then a prayer.

It's best to do this upfront so that it does not disturb the flow. The court will critically need to know that she has been served before the final hearing, as this is really important. So save up again!!

Good luck

Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11