A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

What are we each entitled to in our divorce settlement?

What does the law say about how to split the house, how to share pensions and other assets, and how much maintenance is payable.

What steps can we take to reach a fair agreement?

The four basic steps to reaching an agreement on divorce finances are: disclosure, getting advice, negotiating and implementing a Consent Order.

What is a Consent Order and why do we need one?

A Consent Order is a legally binding document that finalises a divorcing couple's agreement on property, pensions and other assets.

Nearly across the line

  • 99948
  • 99948's Avatar Posted by
  • New Member
  • New Member
25 Feb 20 #511610 by 99948
Topic started by 99948
Hi All...I'm nearly there representing myself!

Short story:

Financial Consent Order - maintenance agreed
Divorce Absolute - done

Since that date the ex has paid NO maintenance even though I complied with everything I was supposed to do.

So, finally went back to court in 2019 to ask for an ancillary order which I have just received in the form of a "General Form of Order - Ancillary Relief" which gives me permission to enforce the arrears.

I think that the ex has a serious cash-flow issue so has no readies to pay now but will be loaded once the family home goes up for sale in the summer so I want to enforce on a cash sum deducted from his share of the equity in the family home.

I've found an N379 form which looks like the right one to issue a charge on the land...hope that's right?

Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11