A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

What are we each entitled to in our divorce settlement?

What does the law say about how to split the house, how to share pensions and other assets, and how much maintenance is payable.

What steps can we take to reach a fair agreement?

The four basic steps to reaching an agreement on divorce finances are: disclosure, getting advice, negotiating and implementing a Consent Order.

What is a Consent Order and why do we need one?

A Consent Order is a legally binding document that finalises a divorcing couple's agreement on property, pensions and other assets.

Do you need help sorting out a fair financial settlement?

Our consultant service offers expert advice and support to help you reach agreement on a fair financial settlement quickly, and for less than a quarter of the cost of using a traditional high street solicitor.

Advice needed, please!

  • Needthistobeover!
  • Needthistobeover!'s Avatar Posted by
  • New Member
  • New Member
24 Aug 20 #513797 by Needthistobeover!
Topic started by Needthistobeover!
I'll try make this as short as possible.
My partner and his ex were married for 12 years, no kids.
marital home had been sold, £100k equity.
His pension value at the time would have given her £30k.
She doesn't work, not because she cant, she doesn't want to.
She didn't contribute towards the mortgage or bills since moving into there new home 4 years ago!!
He has paid all bills and mortgage payments, and continued to do so when he left the martial home in January 2019.
His ex still refused to work.
He also continued to pay the finance on the new car his wife was driving.£200 per month.

He made an offer to split the finance, to give her £82k cash, (which included his pension) and agreed to pay the car finance off and the car be signed over to her.
All on the basis that a Clean Break order be submittted to court.
His ex accepted his offer.
Her solicitors drafted the CB order, he signed it and returned it.

Her solicitors were holding the cash from the house sales until an agreement was reached.
He agreed to them splitting the cash, as his ex needed her share in order to pay for somewhere to live, ( he is sleeping on the floor in the box room at his mums, has been since Jan 2019) on the basis he was trusting the Clean Break order would be signed by her and submitted.

I was under the impression the Clean Break order need to be at least submitted to court for approval, before the money was split, I thought that was the correct procedure.

A month later she has still not signed and returned the Clean Break order!!
Is there anything he can do???

Any advice would be very much appreciate.
Thank you

Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11