A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

What are we each entitled to in our divorce settlement?

What does the law say about how to split the house, how to share pensions and other assets, and how much maintenance is payable.

What steps can we take to reach a fair agreement?

The four basic steps to reaching an agreement on divorce finances are: disclosure, getting advice, negotiating and implementing a Consent Order.

What is a Consent Order and why do we need one?

A Consent Order is a legally binding document that finalises a divorcing couple's agreement on property, pensions and other assets.

Looks like this is the route I'm taking

  • el_johnstone
  • el_johnstone's Avatar Posted by
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
27 Aug 20 #513859 by el_johnstone
Topic started by el_johnstone
Have tried to get my STBXW to assist with the Consent Order and D180 form. To the point where I have more recently (2 weeks ago) even printed out the forms with all my financial information on it and the agreed upon lump sum in the consent order. Trying to get her to fill out her financial information has been like pulling teeth that have been welded in (3 months and counting for her to get a pension value together and its not complex along with her total income). I'm really at my wits end. She's repeatedly ignored emails asking for information and hasn't even accepted or refused the consent order.

Absolutely at my wits end. I just want this all done now. The Nisi was granted in November 2019 so the clock is ticking. I have "instructed" a lawyer, but more in the capacity to be a "legal google" so not full time. As far as I know she hasn't had one instructed. I know I really shouldn't apply for the absolute until the financials are done, but as i said the clock is ticking and it really has gone on long enough.

Any thoughts?

  • .Charles
  • .Charles's Avatar
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
27 Aug 20 #513861 by .Charles
Reply from .Charles
A Consent Order is an order made by the consent of both parties. It sounds as though you don't have consent.

You could issue a financial application which will progress matters OR you could inform your ex that in the absence of an agreement you will issue the application and the Court can make give directions and list the matter for a hearing.


  • rubytuesday
  • rubytuesday's Avatar
  • Moderator
  • Moderator
27 Aug 20 - 27 Aug 20 #513862 by rubytuesday
Reply from rubytuesday
Did you send a letter, as I suggested on your previous post?

You will still be able to apply for absolute after November, all that's required a statement setting out why there's been a delay in applying for the absolute.
Last edit: 27 Aug 20 by rubytuesday.

  • el_johnstone
  • el_johnstone's Avatar Posted by
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
27 Aug 20 #513863 by el_johnstone
Reply from el_johnstone

Are you referring to the "Am I being unreasonable" thread I started? I haven't sent a letter per sé but did send an email as I do keep any and all emails sent and received related to the divorce.

I did receive an email this morning from STBXW stating she'll fill the forms in as best she can. I replied back asking for more definitive information including if she's going to sign the paperwork (Consent Order, D180) and dates for when I can get it back. But TBH I've already drafted an email to my solicitor as I'm not expecting a timely response back.

Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11