A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

What are we each entitled to in our divorce settlement?

What does the law say about how to split the house, how to share pensions and other assets, and how much maintenance is payable.

What steps can we take to reach a fair agreement?

The four basic steps to reaching an agreement on divorce finances are: disclosure, getting advice, negotiating and implementing a Consent Order.

What is a Consent Order and why do we need one?

A Consent Order is a legally binding document that finalises a divorcing couple's agreement on property, pensions and other assets.

Do you need help sorting out a fair financial settlement?

Our consultant service offers expert advice and support to help you reach agreement on a fair financial settlement quickly, and for less than a quarter of the cost of using a traditional high street solicitor.

Partner not engaging in Financial remedy proceedings

  • AMdiv
  • AMdiv's Avatar Posted by
  • New Member
  • New Member
06 Sep 20 #514015 by AMdiv
Topic started by AMdiv
Please can you advise me on what steps I can take to get a Clean Break order as cheaply and quickly as possible.

I have begun Financial Remedy proceedings. Spouse will not engage in the process (not a British National or resident so court orders have less impact).
short marriage (less than one year), no shared assets.

Respondent has said does not want to make claims against me, but will not engage in any processes or sign any documents.

I have received first court date upcoming and instructions. Do I have to go through the full court process of 3 court dates? Can I do this alone or best to use a solicitor? They are estimating costs of £15k legal fees

Thanks in advance for your time

  • hadenoughnow
  • hadenoughnow's Avatar
  • Moderator
  • Moderator
06 Sep 20 #514016 by hadenoughnow
Reply from hadenoughnow
You can do this yourself or maybe with the assistance of our fixed price service for Litigants in Person.

The key here is to show that your ex is aware of the proceedings but has chosen not to engage - so do save any communications to that effect to show the court.

You will need to go through the process. The court has no power to impose a judgment until final hearing.


Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11