A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

What are we each entitled to in our divorce settlement?

What does the law say about how to split the house, how to share pensions and other assets, and how much maintenance is payable.

What steps can we take to reach a fair agreement?

The four basic steps to reaching an agreement on divorce finances are: disclosure, getting advice, negotiating and implementing a Consent Order.

What is a Consent Order and why do we need one?

A Consent Order is a legally binding document that finalises a divorcing couple's agreement on property, pensions and other assets.

Do you need help sorting out a fair financial settlement?

Our consultant service offers expert advice and support to help you reach agreement on a fair financial settlement quickly, and for less than a quarter of the cost of using a traditional high street solicitor.

Ex hasn't filled out Form E completely!

  • littleproblems
  • littleproblems's Avatar Posted by
  • Senior Member
  • Senior Member
21 Sep 20 #514158 by littleproblems
Topic started by littleproblems
Hi all,

I'm sure that this topic has been discussed before many times but just for my sake if someone could shed a little light?

My ex and I have just 'swapped' form Es, mine was full of the necessary info and filled out correctly. His was sparse with hardly anything in it, an obvious attempt to slow things down and annoy me. Thing is I know that there are many things that are missing from his Form and I would like all of this information in order to make informed decisions...where do I go from here?
I am representing myself (and I don't think my ex will have a solicitor to represent himself) but I am getting advice from a solicitor as and when I need it - I'm in the process of setting a date to discuss the First Appointment but I wondered if anyone here knows the process from now.

Will the judge look at this as wasting time? Will he be ordered to fill it out completely?

Many thanks

  • hadenoughnow
  • hadenoughnow's Avatar
  • Moderator
  • Moderator
22 Sep 20 #514168 by hadenoughnow
Reply from hadenoughnow
After Forms E are exchanged you need tp prepare a questionnaire, chronology and statement of issues. These need to be filed with the court and served on the other side. The judge at FDA will order that the questions are answered.

If the form E is incomplete you should put a note at the top of the questionnaire to this effect and state tgst you reserve tge right to raise further questions.

If you are LIP you may want to have a look at our fixed price services for supporting Litigants in Person. See the services tab or give the helpline a call.


  • Stymied
  • Stymied's Avatar
  • Junior Member
  • Junior Member
19 Oct 20 #514519 by Stymied
Reply from Stymied
I have a similar question. My ex and i exchanged form E voluntarily several months ago. I asked questions but never really got replies. Ex then started court proceedings and we had to exchange form e’s today as well as lodging a copy with the court.

My exes new form E does not include a years worth of bank statements, just a couple of months. Am i allowed to add the statements from the last form E or should he have included them again with this one?


Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11