A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

What are we each entitled to in our divorce settlement?

What does the law say about how to split the house, how to share pensions and other assets, and how much maintenance is payable.

What steps can we take to reach a fair agreement?

The four basic steps to reaching an agreement on divorce finances are: disclosure, getting advice, negotiating and implementing a Consent Order.

What is a Consent Order and why do we need one?

A Consent Order is a legally binding document that finalises a divorcing couple's agreement on property, pensions and other assets.

Do you need help sorting out a fair financial settlement?

Our consultant service offers expert advice and support to help you reach agreement on a fair financial settlement quickly, and for less than a quarter of the cost of using a traditional high street solicitor.

Ignoring court papers

  • Alaska1954
  • Alaska1954's Avatar Posted by
  • Junior Member
  • Junior Member
16 Jan 21 #515385 by Alaska1954
Reply from Alaska1954
Oh my goodness! we have both 're-read' what we can now identify as form G, and realised it is not what we originally thought it was...ie an acknowledgement.....yes, we both feel a bit silly...but on the other hand we have learnt something else we didn't know...and grateful this site exists - even for the silly stuff! - worry removed - for now. Thank you.

  • hadenoughnow
  • hadenoughnow's Avatar
  • Moderator
  • Moderator
17 Jan 21 #515389 by hadenoughnow
Reply from hadenoughnow
Don't worry. It is a common error. 🙂

  • bonjour
  • bonjour's Avatar
  • New Member
  • New Member
01 Feb 21 #515603 by bonjour
Reply from bonjour
MY ex lives abroad but when I heard the dates of the court appearances here and the dates for the E forms to be submitted I sent him an email. As he will say he never received the letter from the courts.
My barrister has said that is proof of receipt. I submitted my e form last week he has not submitted. This is considered Contempt of court, him not acknowledging

Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11