A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

What are we each entitled to in our divorce settlement?

What does the law say about how to split the house, how to share pensions and other assets, and how much maintenance is payable.

What steps can we take to reach a fair agreement?

The four basic steps to reaching an agreement on divorce finances are: disclosure, getting advice, negotiating and implementing a Consent Order.

What is a Consent Order and why do we need one?

A Consent Order is a legally binding document that finalises a divorcing couple's agreement on property, pensions and other assets.

Do you need help sorting out a fair financial settlement?

Our consultant service offers expert advice and support to help you reach agreement on a fair financial settlement quickly, and for less than a quarter of the cost of using a traditional high street solicitor.

No agreement

  • Graff
  • Graff's Avatar Posted by
  • Junior Member
  • Junior Member
03 Feb 21 #515631 by Graff
Topic started by Graff
So if my ex and I don't have an agreement I know it's resolved via court.

However it's in my ex's interest to resolve as I'd have to pay her off.

My ex is being greedy and asking for way too much money from me..

my question is .. shall I leave it to her to make an application whether it be months or years down the line

  • rubytuesday
  • rubytuesday's Avatar
  • Moderator
  • Moderator
04 Feb 21 #515645 by rubytuesday
Reply from rubytuesday
If there is no hope of an amicable agreement, even after mediation there is no point in leaving it to your spouse to make an application for financial remedy. What is she decides to not apply for 6 months, a year?

Be proactive and make the application if that is the only way a resolution can be reached. There's lots of help available from Wikivorce, on the forum,; and if you're not sure about the process and want some help and assistance, call the helpline and speak to someone about the Help with Financial Settlement service .

Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11