I'm preparing a D11 as other side has ignored court order deadline for agreeing expert instruction, and I'm really concerned about delays that's causing.
I'm having trouble working out which fee applies though. Is it £155 (application on notice where no other fee is specified)?
Hope you don't mind me asking but did your ex ignore court directions? My ex has ignored the last directions given to us and it is causing me lots of issues so I would like to get the directions enforced, would it be the D11 form I would use please?
Sorry if you have no idea, I am a LIP and so cannot ask a solicitor for assistance...
Thank you for any help xx
Hi, I'm not actually sure if it was down to him or his solicitor... but the upshot was that despite chasing, they had missed a particular deadline which means there's now a possibility that our next hearing might be delayed.
The situation was that we were to agree an expert's letter of instruction by a particular date - and they had been ignoring my emails. So my application was going to be to the Court to ask the Court to decide on the letter.
I don't know if a D11 would be appropriate for your case, but it sounds as if it might well - what sort of directions is your ex ignoring?
Within a day of me advising the solicitor that I was going to issue a D11, they came back to me to sort this, so it has had the desired effect. I hope it would do the same for you!
The deadline for what was directed was at the beginning of January. Basically my ex hadn't answered most of the questions I posed in my questionnaire following the filing of our form Es and never replied to my Schedule of Deficiencies either. Our hearing in December was meant to be the FDR but has been delayed until July simply because neither me nor the court/judge had my ex's full financial disclosure. So directions were given at that hearing where he was meant to reply to my questions/schedule but low and behold he has yet again ignored everything.
I cannot make any sensible offers of a settlement due to not knowing about various aspects of his finances - and they aren't silly little things either, he won't disclose a savings account, give a valuation of the shares he holds in a Ltd company nor will he give any forecast of dividend payments for the next year.. I don't know how a judge will be able to make any fair settlement either...
I may email him (as he is not represented either) and politely threaten to say I will ask the court to enforce the directions as we are going nowhere in this! Hopefully it will work for me also.