A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Mon/Fri 9am-6pm       Sat/Sun 2pm-6pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

What are we each entitled to in our divorce settlement?

What does the law say about how to split the house, how to share pensions and other assets, and how much maintenance is payable.

What steps can we take to reach a fair agreement?

The four basic steps to reaching an agreement on divorce finances are: disclosure, getting advice, negotiating and implementing a Consent Order.

What is a Consent Order and why do we need one?

A Consent Order is a legally binding document that finalises a divorcing couple's agreement on property, pensions and other assets.

Do you need help sorting out a fair financial settlement?

Our consultant service offers expert advice and support to help you reach agreement on a fair financial settlement quickly, and for less than a quarter of the cost of using a traditional high street solicitor.

UK family Court jurisdiction in the overseas properties

  • enm1sg-sandy
  • enm1sg-sandy's Avatar Posted by
  • Junior Member
  • Junior Member
30 Jun 21 #517154 by enm1sg-sandy
Topic started by enm1sg-sandy
As my Ex has put lots of historic overseas properties which were either sold by me to my sisters a long time back in 2013 or not belong to me. I am giving evidence by my sister in terms of witness statements which we will submit before the final hearing only.

As the UK family court doesn't have any jurisdiction overseas, then in the final hearing, how can the court contact my sister or email them or enquire further documents from overseas?

I just want to understand the legality of these jurisdictions so that I can prepare myself much in advance as in the worst cases.

  • enm1sg-sandy
  • enm1sg-sandy's Avatar Posted by
  • Junior Member
  • Junior Member
30 Jun 21 #517155 by enm1sg-sandy
Reply from enm1sg-sandy
If UK family Court has jurisdiction in the overseas properties and more precisely if court/judge can pass judgements/ direction to a third party ( Not the applicant or respondent ) or contact them, directly to provide any pieces of evidence or witness statements or any other documents whatsoever ..

Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11