A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

What are we each entitled to in our divorce settlement?

What does the law say about how to split the house, how to share pensions and other assets, and how much maintenance is payable.

What steps can we take to reach a fair agreement?

The four basic steps to reaching an agreement on divorce finances are: disclosure, getting advice, negotiating and implementing a Consent Order.

What is a Consent Order and why do we need one?

A Consent Order is a legally binding document that finalises a divorcing couple's agreement on property, pensions and other assets.

Do you need help sorting out a fair financial settlement?

Our consultant service offers expert advice and support to help you reach agreement on a fair financial settlement quickly, and for less than a quarter of the cost of using a traditional high street solicitor.

Simple Question

  • Lipstickandlollipops
  • Lipstickandlollipops's Avatar Posted by
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
01 Apr 22 #519072 by Lipstickandlollipops
Topic started by Lipstickandlollipops
Hi All
To some this is a very basic question but one I simply cannot find an answer for.
Does the court post a copy of Form A application with the date for document deadlines, such as form E1 exchange and First hearing date to the respondent, or does the applicant?
I have received mine (the applicant) but it gives no information on whether I need to serve it on him.

  • hadenoughnow
  • hadenoughnow's Avatar
  • Moderator
  • Moderator
02 Apr 22 #519077 by hadenoughnow
Reply from hadenoughnow
If you have provided an address for your ex or contact details for their solicitor then the notice would be sent by the court. If you want to be sure they have it you can always send a copy.


  • Lipstickandlollipops
  • Lipstickandlollipops's Avatar Posted by
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
02 Apr 22 #519082 by Lipstickandlollipops
Reply from Lipstickandlollipops
I did put his address on the application (Form A) so hopefully as you said the court will have sent it to him.
Thank you for the reply

Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11