A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

What are we each entitled to in our divorce settlement?

What does the law say about how to split the house, how to share pensions and other assets, and how much maintenance is payable.

What steps can we take to reach a fair agreement?

The four basic steps to reaching an agreement on divorce finances are: disclosure, getting advice, negotiating and implementing a Consent Order.

What is a Consent Order and why do we need one?

A Consent Order is a legally binding document that finalises a divorcing couple's agreement on property, pensions and other assets.

Do you need help sorting out a fair financial settlement?

Our consultant service offers expert advice and support to help you reach agreement on a fair financial settlement quickly, and for less than a quarter of the cost of using a traditional high street solicitor.

Child tax credit

  • nagios
  • nagios's Avatar
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
16 May 10 #204066 by nagios
Reply from nagios
Morning all, Here's a question.

For the past 5 years my wife has had all of the tac credits etc paid to her but it's been a joint claim. Since we split she has now had the claim put in to her name as a new one.

The ond claims had a massive cockup on HMRCs part where we were not paid anything for 9 months.. My question is this.

Was I supposed to get anything from that claim? If not whay was my name even on it?



  • Richie Rich
  • Richie Rich's Avatar
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
16 May 10 #204090 by Richie Rich
Reply from Richie Rich

I cant uderstand your questions

. Are you asking whther you should have got some money from the joint claim? Not neccesarily no- in a joint claim the individuals arent separately recognised. The claim is mad as an economic unit. Of course when they come to recover any overpayments then its a separate matter and they can come after you individually as you are 'jointly and severally liable' even though you personally may not have received the actual cash. If you are a couple you have to make a joint claim thus your name wil be on the claim.

Hopefully i have answered your question- let me know if it hasnt


Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11

The modern, convenient and affordable way to divorce.

No-Fault Divorce £179

We provide the UK's lowest cost no-fault divorce service, managed by a well respected firm of solicitors. 

Online Mediation £250

Online mediation is a convenient and inexpensive way to agree on a fair financial settlement.

Consent Order £259

This legally binding agreement defines how assets (e.g. properties and pensions) are to be divided.

Court Support £250

Support for people who have to go to court to get a fair divorce financial settlement without a solicitor.