A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

What are we each entitled to in our divorce settlement?

What does the law say about how to split the house, how to share pensions and other assets, and how much maintenance is payable.

What steps can we take to reach a fair agreement?

The four basic steps to reaching an agreement on divorce finances are: disclosure, getting advice, negotiating and implementing a Consent Order.

What is a Consent Order and why do we need one?

A Consent Order is a legally binding document that finalises a divorcing couple's agreement on property, pensions and other assets.

Do you need help sorting out a fair financial settlement?

Our consultant service offers expert advice and support to help you reach agreement on a fair financial settlement quickly, and for less than a quarter of the cost of using a traditional high street solicitor.

benefits and legal aid?

  • coliuke
  • coliuke's Avatar Posted by
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
02 Feb 12 #309928 by coliuke
Topic started by coliuke

I just found out that my ex left his job or got fired as he got drinking problems.
I been told that by CSA last week,and because he is on benefits I will be getting flat rate for child maintenance.
We still not divorced and he has legal aid,as I am.I am just wondering thats gonna happent with his legal aid?Is he gonna get full legal aid?We both paying contributions toward it.Or I will have to pay some of his legal aid-as Im working?
Thank you.

  • Fiona
  • Fiona's Avatar
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
03 Feb 12 #310224 by Fiona
Reply from Fiona
If he is eligible he will get full legal aid.

Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11