A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

What are we each entitled to in our divorce settlement?

What does the law say about how to split the house, how to share pensions and other assets, and how much maintenance is payable.

What steps can we take to reach a fair agreement?

The four basic steps to reaching an agreement on divorce finances are: disclosure, getting advice, negotiating and implementing a Consent Order.

What is a Consent Order and why do we need one?

A Consent Order is a legally binding document that finalises a divorcing couple's agreement on property, pensions and other assets.

Do you need help sorting out a fair financial settlement?

Our consultant service offers expert advice and support to help you reach agreement on a fair financial settlement quickly, and for less than a quarter of the cost of using a traditional high street solicitor.

would this affect her housing benefit?

  • willuhelp
  • willuhelp's Avatar Posted by
  • Junior Member
  • Junior Member
04 Apr 12 #321675 by willuhelp
Topic started by willuhelp
Going through the divorce proceedings at the mo. She has voluntarily moved out of the FMH and is renting elsewhere and on housing benefit. Should she get a lump sum as part of a pay off and part of my monthly pension would she have to declare this to the housing benefit people at all? The FMH is currently up for sale as well.

  • new2newport
  • new2newport's Avatar
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
04 Apr 12 #321679 by new2newport
Reply from new2newport
I believe the savings and capital limit is 16K. I guess she would. I now know they ask when you apply because I have recently

Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11

The modern, convenient and affordable way to divorce.

No-Fault Divorce £179

We provide the UK's lowest cost no-fault divorce service, managed by a well respected firm of solicitors. 

Online Mediation £250

Online mediation is a convenient and inexpensive way to agree on a fair financial settlement.

Consent Order £259

This legally binding agreement defines how assets (e.g. properties and pensions) are to be divided.

Court Support £250

Support for people who have to go to court to get a fair divorce financial settlement without a solicitor.