A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

What are we each entitled to in our divorce settlement?

What does the law say about how to split the house, how to share pensions and other assets, and how much maintenance is payable.

What steps can we take to reach a fair agreement?

The four basic steps to reaching an agreement on divorce finances are: disclosure, getting advice, negotiating and implementing a Consent Order.

What is a Consent Order and why do we need one?

A Consent Order is a legally binding document that finalises a divorcing couple's agreement on property, pensions and other assets.

Do you need help sorting out a fair financial settlement?

Our consultant service offers expert advice and support to help you reach agreement on a fair financial settlement quickly, and for less than a quarter of the cost of using a traditional high street solicitor.

Asking wife to petition me?

  • theboybambi
  • theboybambi's Avatar Posted by
  • New Member
  • New Member
17 Jul 12 #343849 by theboybambi
Topic started by theboybambi
Hello!-my first post here so bear with me! Seperated over 4 years now and my estranged wife is still dragging her feet over divorce proceedings(though she does agree to one!):She is on a range of benefits and I support our 2 children(12,15) with more than the financially recommended amount from CSA(I work F/T but only earn £20,000 pa).Where do I stand in "pushing her" to commence petitioning as I beleive this could cost her a minimal amont but be a huge initial financial burden for me-I find myself in limbo at present and I feel she enjoys the "power" she has over me and the status quo.Any advice?

  • wmorris2
  • wmorris2's Avatar
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
17 Jul 12 #343852 by wmorris2
Reply from wmorris2
You are only a year away from being able to divorce her without her involvement. But if you want to then simply do it via the service here.

I know someone who used their £179 divorce and their solicitor which was in Wales sorted it all.

  • tommo121
  • tommo121's Avatar
  • New Member
  • New Member
21 Aug 12 #350929 by tommo121
Reply from tommo121
As said above, 1 year where you can apply but before losing shares of other assets re pension sharing on divorce

For more advice on this see here:

  • theboybambi
  • theboybambi's Avatar Posted by
  • New Member
  • New Member
21 Aug 12 #350941 by theboybambi
Reply from theboybambi
Hi tommo 121,
Thanks for the link and will look it up and get back to you
Tried talking to her yesterday to be met with a stony silence-agghhhh!

Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11

The modern, convenient and affordable way to divorce.

No-Fault Divorce £179

We provide the UK's lowest cost no-fault divorce service, managed by a well respected firm of solicitors. 

Online Mediation £250

Online mediation is a convenient and inexpensive way to agree on a fair financial settlement.

Consent Order £259

This legally binding agreement defines how assets (e.g. properties and pensions) are to be divided.

Court Support £250

Support for people who have to go to court to get a fair divorce financial settlement without a solicitor.