A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

What are we each entitled to in our divorce settlement?

What does the law say about how to split the house, how to share pensions and other assets, and how much maintenance is payable.

What steps can we take to reach a fair agreement?

The four basic steps to reaching an agreement on divorce finances are: disclosure, getting advice, negotiating and implementing a Consent Order.

What is a Consent Order and why do we need one?

A Consent Order is a legally binding document that finalises a divorcing couple's agreement on property, pensions and other assets.

Do you need help sorting out a fair financial settlement?

Our consultant service offers expert advice and support to help you reach agreement on a fair financial settlement quickly, and for less than a quarter of the cost of using a traditional high street solicitor.

Proving child benefit

  • Bengal
  • Bengal's Avatar Posted by
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
18 Apr 16 #477040 by Bengal
Topic started by Bengal
My ex solicitors solicitors have asked for 12 month of bank statements and 2 years of any child benefit or tax credits I get. The only proof I have is on my bank statement, but that would mean giving 2 years of bank statements.. Which 1) would be a pain getting statements for 2 years and 2) I do see why they should get to see an extra year of bank statement. Could I possibly cover up the other figures except for child benefit?

Many thanks

  • WYSPECIAL's Avatar
  • Moderator
  • Moderator
18 Apr 16 #477041 by WYSPECIAL
Reply from WYSPECIAL
Your tax credit notice will show what that pays.

CB is a flat rate why do they want the info?

Have you got your original claim letter?

  • Gillian48
  • Gillian48's Avatar
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
18 Apr 16 #477048 by Gillian48
Reply from Gillian48
I''m not sure which bank you are at but I had to do something similar and I went into the bank and asked for proof of the transactions - they printed off just the CB and CTC transactions on a printout.
I would ask in you bank if they would just give you a printout with the 12 month transactions for CB and CTC.
I don''t see why all banks wouldn''t do the same.
As Wyspecial says your CTC would be on the yearly award letter and CB are a set amount.
Are they trying to be nosey ? You have to provide 12 statement with your form E but not sure why they would need extra?

  • Bengal
  • Bengal's Avatar Posted by
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
18 Apr 16 #477063 by Bengal
Reply from Bengal
Thank you both so much. I don''t get ant child tax credit, only child benefit. I have got a letter within the last year stating I owe them money and it shows on my bank statement of my payments back. Do think that letter and my 2 months of bank statements will suffice?

Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11