A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

What are we each entitled to in our divorce settlement?

What does the law say about how to split the house, how to share pensions and other assets, and how much maintenance is payable.

What steps can we take to reach a fair agreement?

The four basic steps to reaching an agreement on divorce finances are: disclosure, getting advice, negotiating and implementing a Consent Order.

What is a Consent Order and why do we need one?

A Consent Order is a legally binding document that finalises a divorcing couple's agreement on property, pensions and other assets.

Do you need help sorting out a fair financial settlement?

Our consultant service offers expert advice and support to help you reach agreement on a fair financial settlement quickly, and for less than a quarter of the cost of using a traditional high street solicitor.

Death in Service Benefit

  • Tulips7860
  • Tulips7860's Avatar Posted by
  • New Member
  • New Member
02 Sep 19 #509458 by Tulips7860
Topic started by Tulips7860
I hope someone can help. I lost my partner recently. He is legally separated and left his wife a number of years ago. We didn't live together and he never got round to divorcing. I have been named as a beneficiary on the death in service along with his daughter who is a minor. I am of the impression that the ex wife may contest this and just looking for some advice. Any advice would be gratefully appreciated. I haven't enquired about this to his employer as wanted to let things settle. Thank you in advance.

Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11