A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

What are we each entitled to in our divorce settlement?

What does the law say about how to split the house, how to share pensions and other assets, and how much maintenance is payable.

What steps can we take to reach a fair agreement?

The four basic steps to reaching an agreement on divorce finances are: disclosure, getting advice, negotiating and implementing a Consent Order.

What is a Consent Order and why do we need one?

A Consent Order is a legally binding document that finalises a divorcing couple's agreement on property, pensions and other assets.

Do you need help sorting out a fair financial settlement?

Our consultant service offers expert advice and support to help you reach agreement on a fair financial settlement quickly, and for less than a quarter of the cost of using a traditional high street solicitor.

should i file for bankruptcy now

  • jelly4toes
  • jelly4toes's Avatar Posted by
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
15 Feb 08 #14037 by jelly4toes
Topic started by jelly4toes
am tha applicant he left 18mths ago having got a 3 yr relationship with his rich female boss under his belt.i haven't yet applied for the Decree Nisi she wants her name off the divorce.I paid for everything throughout our relationship.due to re mort the house is in neequity until march 2010 when the 15k redemption penalty comes off.i have debts in my name including a personal loan for20k for family holiday and his car.he has 40k no savings or so he says.there is his pension thats the only asset.what do i do with the mess should i file for bankruptcy now ihave 1 ccj and more on route,where will we live we will lose the house i have my 9 year old to support i work nsociable hours and now hes not here i find it hard to work help anyone

  • unic
  • unic's Avatar
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
15 Feb 08 #14039 by unic
Reply from unic
use the Divorce Calculator on this site. Check CSA to find out how much he should pay you for child support - 15% of his net income.
You may be eligible for spousal maintenance too and remember that his new partner's financial position will be considered in the final settlement.
Have you seen a solicitor yet?
Get a free half hour appointment

Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11