A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

What are we each entitled to in our divorce settlement?

What does the law say about how to split the house, how to share pensions and other assets, and how much maintenance is payable.

What steps can we take to reach a fair agreement?

The four basic steps to reaching an agreement on divorce finances are: disclosure, getting advice, negotiating and implementing a Consent Order.

What is a Consent Order and why do we need one?

A Consent Order is a legally binding document that finalises a divorcing couple's agreement on property, pensions and other assets.

Do you need help sorting out a fair financial settlement?

Our consultant service offers expert advice and support to help you reach agreement on a fair financial settlement quickly, and for less than a quarter of the cost of using a traditional high street solicitor.

Charging order on his house

  • jaw
  • jaw's Avatar Posted by
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
07 Aug 12 #347969 by jaw
Topic started by jaw
Is there any way of finding out how much the charging order is for, against my ex''s house?

There are 2 orders, one business and one for the CSA. I know how much the business one is is for, after researching online and looking at county court judgements. However I have been unable to find anywhere that states what the amount is which is owing to the

The land registry don''t specify amounts, just that there are charging orders, and in whose favour.

  • TBagpuss
  • TBagpuss's Avatar
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
08 Aug 12 #348141 by TBagpuss
Reply from TBagpuss
why do you need to know? Are these debts which take priority over a claim you have?
Is the CSA one for money owed to you? If so, you may be able to get the inforamtion from the CSA.

  • jaw
  • jaw's Avatar Posted by
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
08 Aug 12 #348216 by jaw
Reply from jaw
Yes, the money is owed to me.

I receive conflicting information from different ''caseworkers'' at the CSA. Liability orders are always ''in the pipeline'', they were going to force the sale of his house , once the children were old enough (they are), they wouldn''t make him homeless, etc.

If I knew all the debt was secured against his property by way of a charging order I would feel relieved not to have to deal with the CSA again...15 years of sheer incompetence is enough!


Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11

The modern, convenient and affordable way to divorce.

No-Fault Divorce £179

We provide the UK's lowest cost no-fault divorce service, managed by a well respected firm of solicitors. 

Online Mediation £250

Online mediation is a convenient and inexpensive way to agree on a fair financial settlement.

Consent Order £259

This legally binding agreement defines how assets (e.g. properties and pensions) are to be divided.

Court Support £250

Support for people who have to go to court to get a fair divorce financial settlement without a solicitor.