A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

What are we each entitled to in our divorce settlement?

What does the law say about how to split the house, how to share pensions and other assets, and how much maintenance is payable.

What steps can we take to reach a fair agreement?

The four basic steps to reaching an agreement on divorce finances are: disclosure, getting advice, negotiating and implementing a Consent Order.

What is a Consent Order and why do we need one?

A Consent Order is a legally binding document that finalises a divorcing couple's agreement on property, pensions and other assets.

Do you need help going to court over a Financial Settlement?

Our consultant service offers expert advice and support for people who are going to court over a fair financial settlement, for less than a quarter of the cost of using a traditional high street solicitor.

hospital bills

  • harleyguy4526
  • harleyguy4526's Avatar Posted by
  • New Member
  • New Member
18 Nov 12 #366816 by harleyguy4526
Topic started by harleyguy4526
Im divorcing and my wife of less than one year has acquired a lot of hospital bills. she was on my insurance and still is and I ma dropping her after the divorce. Can I see that she has to pay her hospital bills she amassed in that year. I dont feel like I should have to pay since she left after 2 months together. Thanks

  • rubytuesday
  • rubytuesday's Avatar
  • Moderator
  • Moderator
19 Nov 12 #366829 by rubytuesday
Reply from rubytuesday
Hi Harleyguy, welcome to Wikivorce.

I''m afraid that Wikivorce is only really able to give advise on UK divorce situations.

I would guess that if your wife is on your health insurance then you would liable to pay whatever bills have amassed. Is it not possible to remove her from your insurance prior to the divorce? (Tell her first though, so she isn''t left without health insurance :ohmy:)

Speak to a lawyer who is licensed to practice family law in your state who can advise your further.

Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11