A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

What are we each entitled to in our divorce settlement?

What does the law say about how to split the house, how to share pensions and other assets, and how much maintenance is payable.

What steps can we take to reach a fair agreement?

The four basic steps to reaching an agreement on divorce finances are: disclosure, getting advice, negotiating and implementing a Consent Order.

What is a Consent Order and why do we need one?

A Consent Order is a legally binding document that finalises a divorcing couple's agreement on property, pensions and other assets.

Do you need help sorting out a fair financial settlement?

Our consultant service offers expert advice and support to help you reach agreement on a fair financial settlement quickly, and for less than a quarter of the cost of using a traditional high street solicitor.

Ex Bankrupt and consent order.

  • butterfly crossing
  • butterfly crossing's Avatar
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
02 Nov 13 #412204 by butterfly crossing
Reply from butterfly crossing
In my case I have an IPA for bankruptcy for 3 years.

She might try to make a fuss about cohabitation, I tried, but Judge was not interested.

I do think if you are co-habiting your new partners income may come into it, but so will any dependant children from either relationship, I knew mine was but couldn''t prove. As he put his name on nothing bills, electoral roll etc.

Court is daunting, but most Judges will help those that are self repping.

I am sure there would be a lot of people on here that would love a list of Pro Bono solicitors/barristers, maybe put it under another new post so that it is easy to find and refer to.

  • CakesandFlowers
  • CakesandFlowers's Avatar
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
02 Nov 13 #412205 by CakesandFlowers
Reply from CakesandFlowers

  • drifting
  • drifting's Avatar Posted by
  • Junior Member
  • Junior Member
04 Dec 13 #415440 by drifting
Reply from drifting
From April 2013 legal aid is no longer available for most family law cases. This makes it much more difficult to find free advice on these matters.
The University of Law is operating an advice line on family law. To make initial contact please call 01483 216 528. You will be asked for some details about yourself and, if appropriate, get a telephone appointment which may take place between 5:30pm-7:30pm. The service is operated by qualified solicitors with law students assisting.

Hope this helps someone

Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11