A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

What are we each entitled to in our divorce settlement?

What does the law say about how to split the house, how to share pensions and other assets, and how much maintenance is payable.

What steps can we take to reach a fair agreement?

The four basic steps to reaching an agreement on divorce finances are: disclosure, getting advice, negotiating and implementing a Consent Order.

What is a Consent Order and why do we need one?

A Consent Order is a legally binding document that finalises a divorcing couple's agreement on property, pensions and other assets.

Do you need help sorting out a fair financial settlement?

Our consultant service offers expert advice and support to help you reach agreement on a fair financial settlement quickly, and for less than a quarter of the cost of using a traditional high street solicitor.

Emptied Bank Account

  • Lymm
  • Lymm's Avatar Posted by
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
01 Sep 14 #443381 by Lymm
Topic started by Lymm
Bad day today we finally got some money paid into our joint account and I rightly or wrongly took half as we haven''t had money since June so were overdrawn and I have used credit card for everything.
Went to get some cash out and he has not only taken his half but an extra leaving the account five and a half thousand overdrawn.
Nothing in there for the direct debits so I moved them all to my account so they get paid.
What do I do now?

  • sulkypants
  • sulkypants's Avatar
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
01 Sep 14 #443382 by sulkypants
Reply from sulkypants
You need to seperate your bank accounts and stop trusting him to do the right thing your singing from different hymn sheets now he is on money saving exercise.

  • AngieP
  • AngieP's Avatar
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
01 Sep 14 #443398 by AngieP
Reply from AngieP
Hi Lymm

Sorry you have had such a bad day.

Sounds like you need to see a solicitor asap. Any more advice from wiser Wikis?

Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11